“Wonderful Italian food”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Neighbourhood: Streeterville
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our family took the train to the hotel from O’Hare. In doing so we walked about 6 blocks to get to the hotel, and passed this restaurant. Being true lovers of Italian food, we walked back shortly thereafter to give it a try. With attentive service and quality food, we all loved it. My gnocchi with vodka sauce was wonderful, as was the bruschetta appetizer we shared. My son tried black spaghetti with various types of seafood and thought it to be wonderful. Definitely worth a visit

Write a ReviewReviews (1,924)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The sommelier was superlative. He advised Select Lagrein Gries Riserva Sudtirol Alto Adige $70, excellent. However the Carabonara Mare had no creamy sauce. They told me they could not add more sauce as the recipe did not call for it? I have a photo of the special for the night with beautiful red sauce of many shell fish including two lobster tails and fish and calamari. The sauce was fair. I did not understand why this restaurant had such a high rating? Then I decided it was rated high for the reasonable prices.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I took two teenage granddaughters to Volare for a special evening out! Our waitress, Frederica, was welcoming and attentive. The pasta dishes we ordered were delicious. The variety of bread brought to the table was warm and delightful. We enjoyed eating outside as an evening summer shower passed through.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We had driven from Des Moines all day. Feeling tired we looked for a pleasant eatery for dinner. We difinetly found it here. Nice food great service and all in all a really pleasant dining experience.

1  Thank Richard G
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

You might walk right by this place, if you're looking for great food I wouldn't. The starter house salad was among the tops, had a relish in it the added great flavor. The seafood pasta special is exceptional. Clams, mussels, calamari, 1/2 lobster, oh my!

1  Thank David B