“Great food - rushed Service!”

Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab
Reserve with OpenTable
Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 10,175 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rush
Transit: Red Line Grand stop
Description: Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab is the culmination of a partnership between Lettuce Entertain You and Joe's Stone Crab, the legendary seafood restaurant of Miami Beach. Joe's features an extensive selection of seafood, flown in fresh daily, to complement the world's finest Florida Stone Crab claws. Joe's features the signature 16 oz. Bone-In Filet Mignon and 22 oz. New York Strip Steak. Matched with Joe's famous side dishes, dinner only gets better when capped with a slice of key lime pie.Defined by a standard of hospitality born a century ago, Joe’s offers a dining experience that is timeless. Tuxedo-clad service provides a sense of tradition, while delivering the warmth and caring service that has defined Joe’s since 1913.
Reviewed 30 December 2014

This has been a difficult score to give because the food was excellent and our server was spot on. However we were seated bang on 9pm as per our reservation, our order taken by 9.15 yet within 15 minutes I had had my starter of Clam Chowder ( tasty) and as soon as I had finished, our steaks were being served! I had expected at least a 15 minute pause between courses!

Other than being rushed my New York Strip and my wife's crab stuffed prawns were really nice and the sides of potato just the right size for two. Although we didn't want a dessert, our server gave us a complimentary portion of the house speciality Key Lime Pie and it too was awesome. The wine ( we had a Napa Sauvignon Blanc cos my wife was having the prawns ) was nicely chilled and very refreshing.

I would go back as the service was attentive, the food very good and the ambiance very classy, but I would specify that I wanted a gap between ordering and both courses.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,582)

Reviewed 30 December 2014

Went here for our anniversary and my wife and I really loved it. The food was excellent and the atmosphere was top notch.

Reviewed 29 December 2014 via mobile

We take any special occasion and make it memorable by going to Joe's. Must get the stone cold crab, large at least. I always get a steak, filet (not a seafood fan), which is sublime prime. Best steak hands down, superb over Craftsteak or Wildfire or any steakhouse I've been to. Everything there is delicious, the salads, clam chowder, desserts...The key lime pie is perfection but the turtle pie is Amazing...If you have the room after a huge dinner, make the room but take a dessert to go if you are too full :)
I'm sure anything you order will be delicious. Service is impeccable and the cocktails and wine list are not too expansive, options ideal for seafood - white and steak - red, alike.
We can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 28 December 2014

We had a wonderful dinner here,my husband and I and our 2 teens. There is something for everyone on the menu. Our server Liz was outstanding in helping us and our teens with choices. We had the Nantucket scallops, the stone crab claws, oysters and calamari for appetizers. We would highly recommend the Nantucket scallops--they were so good. The calamari was excellent. For entrees the teens had filets and they were cooked perfectly. My husband had the John Dory fish and it was out of this world good, I ate part of his meal it was so good. I had the scallops and they were good.
We have to say the service was outstanding. Very attentive and personal. We were not rushed, which we usually get in many places. We really appreciated the fine service we will definitely be back. This is a restaurant we plan on frequenting for special occasions.

Reviewed 25 December 2014

First time visit to this place. Ate in the front room near the bar. Great atmosphere. Excellent drinks including an amazing Tito's bloody mary. Shrimp cocktail and salads were excellent. Had stone crab and fish and chips which were quite good. The cole slaw served with the stone crabs was amazing. Ate a lot of food and had several drinks, but was a bit surprised at the $150 bill. In any event, enjoyed the lunch and would recommend giving this place a try.