“Great location, wonderful staff and food”
Review of Wildfire

Wildfire
Reserve with OpenTable
Wildfire is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #72 of 9,530 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: LaSalle and Wells
Description: Step back in time 60 years to when going out for dinner meant something really special. From the decor to the jazz music, Wildfire has the style and warmth that makes it perfect for celebrating with friends or a quiet evening for two. The extensive menu features broiled steaks and chops, wood-roasted seafood and roasted meats, all prepared in an open kitchen. Signature dishes include Horseradish Crusted Filet Mignon, Macadamia Nut Crusted Halibut, Wildfire Chopped Salad and Cedar Planked Salmon. So order a signature martini or one of our many wines by the glass, then sit back and enjoy the quintessential 1940s supper club experience of Wildfire.
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great location, wonderful staff and food”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This is the second time we have been to this restaurant. We went with a small group to celebrate our son's 21st birthday! We were seated prior to our reservation time, which was a plus, but later turned out to be a negative. I will explain later..... Bar staff was awesome and generous with the pours. Waitress explained specials and took our order and was very accommodating. Since we were seated early 8:40pm (reservation was at 9pm) - we had to wait a very long time for our dinner since there were other large parties and tables seated before us - the kitchen (which we had view of) was backed up. In the long run it turned out fine, however, we waited over an hour for our meal, when the table seated at 9:30pm was served there dinner just as we were finishing ours because the kitchen wasn't as backed up.

We had people at the table that ordered $35 Filets, or $15 Prime Rib Sandwiches and everything in between including seafood. The food was amazing, hot and generous portions. I love the fact that this can be a higher priced restaurant, but still have provide the same attention to detail for a couple wanting to not spend as much. One couple at the table had a bill of $156 and another's was $62 - so you can see the variety is good for different budgets and tastes.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Michigan
“Excellent dining experience!”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

The food was fantastic! Our server was very friendly, knowledgeable, and demonstrated just the right amount of attentiveness. My wife has special dietary needs, and the menu options available for her was extensive! We frequently go places and her choices are incredibly limited...so this was a real treat for her! The server was knowledgeable about her needs and wanted to ensure whatever precautions she needed were taken. Everything we ordered - appetizer, main entrees, as well as our desserts tasted exceptional! If we lived in Chicago, we'd eat here often!

“Awesome dinner”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Martinis were great before dinner, blood orange was awesome. Food was surpurb as was the service. Bacon wrapped scallops were quite a treat, melted goat cheese was not what we expected..much better! Main course was the bison filet and it was great! I would definitely go back.

Salida, Colorado
“Always Spectacular”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I took a group of three other professionals to the Wildfire Grill Tuesday night (August 19, 2014). I've been several times over the past decade. Although I live in Colorado, I'm in Chicago yearly in August. When I plan my trip to Chicago, I immediately begin to (in my imagination) the wood fire smell as I enter the Wildfire. I can taste the superb steaks and enjoy the food, even months before arriving. What I'm saying is everything is always Spectacular. Our server this time, Mary took great care of us, the steaks and tuna was cooked exactly as we had requested. The Wildfire is one of my favorite restaurants on the planet. Need I say more?

Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Recently dined here for the first time on a Saturday evening.
Great atmosphere, great service.
Fast attention bringing bread and water.
Excellent wine list and some nice flights.
Menu is very extensive our main courses of halibut and filet were both of very high quality and portions are generous.
Will definitely retune when in town.

Visited August 2014