“Convenient and great food!”
Review of Coco Pazzo

Coco Pazzo
Reserve with OpenTable
Coco Pazzo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #177 of 9,766 Restaurants in Chicago
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Franklin
Transit: CTA Brown Line Train - Merchandise Mart stop
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We asked a waitress at a local pub for a dinner recommendation. She suggested Coco Pazzo. It was delicious! I had the tortelli stuffed with ricotta cheese and swish chard in a brown butter sage sauce. It was delicious. Great atmosphere too. My only complaint is once they got busy, it seemed no one came back to check on our table.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

When we asked the concierge for a last minute dinner suggestion for a Saturday night on a busy holiday weekend, we had no idea we were in for a most memorable meal. We were treated to exceptional food, excellent service and a great ambiance too. Our party of five chose to begin with the calamari and shrimp appetizer, served with one of the best marinara sauces EVER. From there it kept getting better. The assortment of fresh breads and breadsticks will tempt you to ease your carb restrictions. The artichoke and arugula salad was especially noteworthy for it's full lemon flavor. My fresh cod entree was tender, beautifully plated and full of flavor. Others in our party enjoyed the chicken, linguini with clams and pork chop entrees too. Save room for dessert! The flour-less chocolate cake is delicious, as I suspect were the cookies and candy assortment my parents gobbled down like kids (and never offered to share with us). This turned out to be the perfect spot to celebrate the end of a great day in Chicago.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I am Italian and grew up on Italian cuisine so my test to determine how good an Italian restaurant is their gnocchi. I have to say the gnocchi at Coco Pazzo was fantastic and perfectly cooked. I paired it with a glass of Armarone, which was the perfect complement to the meal. There are tons of Italian restaurants in Chicago but I would definitely recommend checking this one out. I have to echo the other reviews regarding the great food and fantastic service. You will not be disappointed going here.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were in town for medical tests for her and since we received relatively good news, we felt like a little celebration was in order... We chose Coco Pazzo, based on Zagat ratings. It was our first time here and we were totally impressed with the service, presentation and flavors of the various dishes we had. We started with a nice bottle of red wine (Bruno Giacosa Nebbiolo), I ordered the octopus salad while my wife had the day soup... The dishes were freshly prepared and we're very flavorful... The presentation of the octopus salad was beautiful.. For the main dishes, I asked for the veal chop to be done as a milanese dish (thinly pounded, breaded and pan fried, served with an arugula salad with a vinaigrette and lemon dressing)... They had no problem doing it, even though it was listed on the menu in a different style... My wife ordered the fresh pasta with a Veal ragu with white wine, garlic and black truffles... Both dishes were served steaming hot and were simply outstanding! Even though my wife normally gets full after half of her main dish, she almost finished her pasta dish, which I was more than happy to finish it for her! We topped it off with a warm chocolate cake, which was also wonderful... The managers asked how everything was and we both expressed our appreciation for the service and the flavors... The Chef came out to our table a little while later to thank us personally and talked about how dishes are prepared, etc... made our dining experience even better as it provided a personal touch to our visit... Our server (I am sorry that I can't recall her name but she was born in Poland) did a great job and was very personable...We live in Naples, Florida but have been visiting Chicago over the past 15 years since we used to be in West Michigan... We will definitely put Coco Pazzo on our list of regular spots to fine when in town... Not cheap at $240.00, including 20% tip and the ridiculous 10.5% Chicago sales tax... But if you are looking for an outstanding dinner, it is well worth it in our view... Enjoy!

1  Thank Jet F
Reviewed 19 April 2014

If you look for good Italian cuisine check elsewhere. This is certainly a trendy restaurant, but nothing exceptional in the plates. If you book for early evening, like 7 or 7:30, you may be sure to be out of there at 8:30, they have probably booked your table for the moment and they will do all they can to push things forward. Overall, a disappointment.

1  Thank DPMont