“Over-Priced”
Review of Chicago Chop House

Chicago Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
Chicago Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #243 of 9,761 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$49 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Near North Side
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Our food was decent but extremely over-priced. The price of their wine was outrageous!
When our Arrogant Server brought my caprese salad, He at that time took my husbands salad
fork away? The only thing we can think of why he would do such a thing, there must be a no sharing policy? Which was not our intent to share anything.
Was not a great dining experience for us, especially for that kind of money being spent.
It's really hard to put all of our dining experience into words….we kind of just want to forget we were ever there.

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Had dinner here, loved the atmosphere and the live pianist. My lobster bisque was the best i ever tasted and my wetaged ribeye cooked medium was absolutely amazing! Would definitely come here again. Worth every penny!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

The weather was not cooperating,,but the places we visited offset the disappointment weather wise. Chicago chophouse was one of these places

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I'll say it up front, I didn't end up paying for my own food when we visited this place. But even if I had, in some way it's worth it. The steak (wagyu) was simply fabulous, the best I ever had. The sides were also great and the wine we chose was excellent. It is very expensive however but it was a great experience. I guess we seemed a bit out of place, with none of us having ever been to such a place. But our waiter was great, explained everything and was definitely not pushy. We had a great time and I'm left with fond memories of this place. I think the bill was 700 dollars for 4 people (no appetizers, no dessert, 1 bottle of wine and some beers).

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

It is annoying to have items suggested and the price not be told but I could have asked too so shame on me. The Chop House was chosen since it was a personal recommendation to me. Two options for seating: swanky, traditional upstairs or more casual, piano music downstairs. We opted for trad.

Two apps were recommended and we went for the scallops ($49). The price hurts because it was an app. Truth be told, this would have been a great dinner option. Six plump scallops, well cooked and seasoned. They were fantastic.

I ordered the dry aged bone filet - fantastic. My husband got the long bone dry aged rib eye. I wondered if we could have saved some $ by requesting a short bone... He really enjoyed it too. Both steaks were expensive but that's what we chose. We also got a single side of sauteed spinach and mushrooms. The single size was perfect for us to share. The veggies were perfect.

With the little room left we had the berries and macadamia gelato for dessert. The berries were plentiful. The gelato was hidden under a glob of whip cream. It is definitely a berry dessert, not gelato. (Setting your expectations.) I really enjoyed it as a finish to the night.

1  Thank sportyangel215