“Ruth's Chris”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #201 of 10,171 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Near North Side
Cross street: Hubbard
Transit: The restaurant can be reached from the Blue Line & Red Line. On the Red Line get off at Grand and proceed west to Dearborn St/head South on Dearborn & the restaurant will be two blocks up on your left. On the Blue Line get off at Clark & Lake and proceed east to Dearborn St/head North on Dearborn/the restaurant will be three blocks up on your left
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I've only eaten at 3 of these in my entire life. It is, hands down, the best steak you will ever taste. The staff is top notch and service is as well.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I am not a steak lover, but I had the prime rib, and I did love it! Mine was tender, even when I finished it off three days later, and very flavorful. Our waiter wasn't the greatest, but he did try. Great front desk and valet service both coming and going. I heard no complaints from anyone in our party of nine. The servings are enormous, so be prepared to take something home with you. Check out the banquette seating for smaller groups or couples. Very pretty.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We made a reservation ahead of time which got us seated with limited wait time. Our waitress, Jessica, was outstanding. She was extremely knowledgeable and helped us with some decisions regarding the menu. The steak was phenomenal, cooked perfectly and very flavorful. If you’re looking for an upscale steak house, this is the place for you!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went for a business lunch. 6 people. Had the lunch special (salad, filet, dessert? (can't remember it). I asked for the mignon medium+ - it ended up well done. Maybe it's the fact that the plate comes sizzling hot - but that should be taken into consideration. The salad was ok - but just. I think there was a dessert but I can't even remember it. The mashed potatoes were fine but nothing special. Another person had the steal frites and I was not to par. Soup of the day also nothing special. Service as slow (not busy). Maybe it's great for dinner but skip lunch.

RuthsChrisSteakHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Michael, we are sorry you are disappointed with your experience. Please rest assured that in this Ruth's Chris, as well as all others, our intention is to provide the highest and finest quality with regard to both food and service, not to mention hospitality, much like Ruth would have done herself. We hope you will give us another chance to make this right. Please email us directly at comments@rhgi.com with your contact information. Thank you!

Reviewed 5 June 2018

I've dined at Ruth Chris restaurants in Hawaii, California, and Chicago. From my experience, they has consistently delivered delicious food and excellent service, each and every time.

I visited the Ruth Chris steakhouse in Chicago for a big family get together recently to celebrate birthdays. As soon as we arrived, we were graciously greeted and shown our table.

We had about 12 people attending and required a big table. They accommodated us by providing two servers to split up the table and make sure that everyone was taken care of. I was impressed with the personal attention, especially given the large group.

The food came out quickly and was delicious all around. One of the best aspects of Ruth Chris is the family style sides you can choose from. We ordered sweet potato casseroles, lobster mac and cheese, asparagus, mashed potatoes and more for everyone to enjoy and compliment their entrees.

I ordered the filet mignon. It was juicy, tender, and slightly pink - just the way I like it best.

The only downside was that it was hard to hear everyone or get a chance to talk to everyone due to the table size and not being able to get up and visit with others.