“Good food but the worst service I have ever experienced.”
Review of Pizzeria Due

Pizzeria Due
Ranked #144 of 9,530 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Near North Side
Jacksonville, Illinois, United States
“Good food but the worst service I have ever experienced.”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

The Deep dish pizza is good but it cannot make up for he lack of service. After waiting to 15 minutes without a drink trying to eat a deep dish pizza I tracked down my server and asked for a drink 15 minutes later and nothing. Have you ever tried to eat Chicago deep dish without a drink? By that time pizza is cold and it's impossible even after talking to the manager to get a check to leave as the server has to give it to me. I literally had to leave the restaurant area and go to the serving area in the back to get my check and get out of there. There other choices nearby so avoid this place like the plague!

Visited July 2014

• Korean first
Allentown, PA, United States
“Good pizza with a unique crust”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our first real deep dish pizza with all the cheese and sauce. The crust was unique as it was crumbly but had a lot of flavor. One slice can make a meal since it was so thick.

Greensboro
“Great experience”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Good experience as is the original Pizzeria Uno around the corner. Original Chicago style deep dish pizza, good bar and wine selections, funky atmosphere and good service.

Visited January 2014
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Disappointing; a sloppy mess”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Decided to eat here after the lonely planet described it as one of the holy trinity of pizza haunts. Beginning to wonder who is writing these books and wish I'd looked on here first. The notion of being told you will have to wait 25-45 minutes for your meal does seem to be a recurring and familiar theme...we were told both waiting times by two different friendly staff. Thankfully we ordered garlic bread and a salad which both arrived in good time. Both were also very nice as the garlic bread was more like we'd expect in the UK. The pizzas on the other hand were a massive disappointment...we waited about an hour and the waitress did refill our drinks free of charge as an apology. When they arrived our hunger had subsided which was just as well. We were so disheartened that an insane hilarity seemed to overcome us as we giggled at what could only be described as a sloppy mess on both our plates. They are more like pies with a very greasy filling and I wanted to eat fresh fruit on leaving to cleanse my fat-coated arteries. The bill was pretty hefty too. Sorry Chicago but if this is your finest pizza, we won't be having it again anywhere else in Illinois! Avoid!

• Visited July 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Warm welcome, good beer, good pizza”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I arrived in Chicago rather late and was beginning to despair of the dining options in the area when I came across Pizzeria Due. I'm very glad I did. Yes, the pizza takes a while to cook, but that is because it is proper food made from authentic ingredients, and it's delicious (and very filling - it will be Chicago-style cheese pie for breakfast). They have a good range of quality American beers, and a fantastic attitude to their customers. In a lot of places solo diners can feel unwelcome or out of place, but not here. This tired English visitor stumbled in a stranger but left feeling like a valued local thanks to Michelle, Aaron and their colleagues. I will definitely be back.

• Visited July 2014