“Wonderful Evening Out”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Everest

Everest
Reserve with OpenTable
Everest is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #288 of 9,495 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$60 - US$80
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, View, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown / The Loop
Cross street: Congress & Van Buren
Transit: Right off the LaSalle/Van Buren stop of the Brown Line Trains.
Description: Located in an unforgettable setting on the 40th floor of the Chicago Stock Exchange, Everest allows you and your guests the opportunity to take in the glittering skyline while enjoying Chef/Proprietor J. Joho's world-renowned French cuisine, consisting of the finest seasonal fare, local specialties and organic ingredients. Our luxurious private dining rooms come alive with attentive service and fulfilled requests including personalized menus, customized décor, music, audio-visual presentations and displays. As the only Chicago member of the prestigious Relais & Châteaux, Everest accommodates any size affair, from an intimate dinner to a 175-guest soirée.
Lake Forest, Illinois
“Wonderful Evening Out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We had a wonderful dinner out with friends. our friends were late but the staff never made us feel uncomfortable while we waited. The wait staff was fantastic and knowledgable. The food was wonderful - every course. Beautifully plated! It was nice watching the sun set and the lights but it isn't the best view of the Chicago skyline. the restaurant was very chic but we missed not having a bar to share a drink before dinner. Would recommend for a nice dinner out.

• Visited May 2014

Toronto, Canada
“Disappointing and overpriced”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I am really sad to have to put a poor notation. I was really expecting much better for a relais et chateau place. I don't have a big experience of really nice restaurants, but this one wants to be one but is far from it.
We took the degustation menu with 1 wine pairing for two. The waitress made us confortable for sharing the wine. And we thought it wouldn't be enough, but it was.
Out of the 7 meals, 4 were really fantastic with a really nice wine pairing.
The fish and the magret were disappointing. They had a similar taste I didn't like. And the red wine were ok but nothing exceptionnal. And the cheese wasn't good.
Contrary to what I already read, the portions are small but at the end of the meal you don't feel hungry at all.
The service was ok but not terrific. We were served by too many different persons, one of them, we could hardly understand (I must admit I'm not american). Twice they wanted to take my plate even if I wasn't finished. We had to wait too long to be served bread by the slice. The butter was really standard compared to what I would expect in this kind of restaurant. The person next to us had been told to order one specific wine, but as the waitress didn't know it, she just suggested he looked into the 50 pages wine list. Why didn't she call the sommelier so that he could discuss with the customer ?

Overall, for 500$ without the tip, I think you can get much better food and service. The chef was in the room but didn't come to us. But we saw him when getting our car back, and he more talk about him and his other business than the experience we just had.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank syalno
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

This was a great experience that I would recommend for the style. Every dish was prepared to perfection. The service left nothing to be desired. The view was also great (although I have noticed other reviewers saying that they did not get a great view, and the restaurant is set up in a way that the view may not be part of your experience, so be sure to ask in advance if this is something that is important to you). The price is obviously very high, and it's of course debatable whether or not it is worth it. One thing that was disappointing is a cup of after dinner coffee was $7.50. Ok I'm eating at a top Chicago restaurant, but that doesn't make me not blink a bit with this kind of pricing. Again this was coffee, not anything fancy, and nothing extraordinary either. Ok, enough about that. Overall, I would recommend Everest as an exceptional dining experience in Chicago.

• Visited April 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“One of the best meals ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Decided to celebrate my husband's 55th birthday dinner here last night...we had the 9 course...it was magnificent. I was a little worried about French food due to a stereotype of heavy, sauce laden foods full of extreme ingredients and that I would not feel satisfied after the meal. Each course was delicious, beautifully presented, Some ingredients were new to me (venison), but the wait staff was very knowledgeable, approachable and helped me feel comfortable with my choices. Every course was as good or better than the last. Although we were not able to get a table close to the windows, we did still enjoy the view. The environment was lovely--quiet jazz playing in the background, couples chatting quietly, wait staff present but not overly so.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank PCJ310
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
“Closer to Perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

My wife and I dined for Valentine's day, what an experience. We had a 9 course set which was just packed with tons of flavor and great cooking. From the foam bacon to the warm poached lobster salad to the warm chocolate dessert there was no misses and everything was a home run. The service is five star. The wine list features selections by the glass from Alsace region which compliment each course. Just Wow.

• Visited February 2014

Been to Everest? Share your experiences!