“A very disappointing dinner”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of 312 Chicago

312 Chicago
Reserve with OpenTable
312 Chicago is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #214 of 9,494 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$5 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown / The Loop
Cross street: Randolph
Transit: CTA: Clark/Lake Stop Blue/Green/Brown/Pink/Purple Line Stop (Exit to Thompson Center, then go 1/2 block west)
Description: Alive with robust flavor and convivial spirit, 312 Chicago stands out as one of the city's favorite restaurants. Our Loop location, inviting atmosphere and authentic Italian cuisine come together for memorable meals in the heart of the Windy City. Adjacent to Hotel Allegro, our bustling restaurant showcases innovative takes on Northern Italian classics as devised by our Italian-born Chef Luca Corazzina. From flavorful bar bites to full Italian feasts, satisfy your senses at our restaurant.
Aurora, Illinois
“A very disappointing dinner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

The food was very good and the service was excellent, yet the evening was sub par. The noise in this restaurant is the loudest we have encountered. There is absolutely no sound absorbing material and we were seated between a party of 12 and a party of 8. My wife and I couldn't conduct a conversation. The party of 12 were screaming and yelling (happily) at each other, conduct more proper in a bar than a fine restaurant.
We had made our reservation a week in advance, if they are going to allow large parties to be this loud they should not put a couple by them.
We will not be going back

Tommy G, Manager at 312 Chicago, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
I am very sorry that a large party ruined your evening. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the food and great sevice though. I would love to invite you back in and make sure that you have a wonderful dining experience with us. Please contact me at thomas.girrbach@312chicago.com if you are willing to give us another chance.

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
“Mmm!!! she said:Best hamburger I've ever had!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

My friend was raving as she wiped the juices from running down her chin from what looked to me as a mouth-watering, full of flavor, huge hamburger. Forget those at the fast -food chains. This one can't be beat. While my Tortellini soup was tasty, flavorful with crunchy vegetables, I regretted not having ordered one. I'll be back in Chicago in a few weeks and will make sure my friends and I don't miss this. The service was also excellent. The restaurant is conveniently adjacent to the Allegro Hotel where we were staying.

Tommy G, Manager at 312 Chicago, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Travelexpert65

It warms my heart to hear of your wonderful experience while dining with your friend. While reading your comments I could almost taste the burger you were speaking of and i must agree...MMM! See you soon and thank you so much!

Tommy
Bloomington, IL
“They do it right!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We had an amazing dinner here. The appetizers, entrees, and dessert were perfect. I had contacted them prior to arrival stating that it was my husband's birthday and reminded the server. Although tables around us were receiving dessert with a candle and heartfelt congratulations all we received was our bill for dinner and wine for $150. I found the manager and she said "I am so sorry...we will make this right." And she did! A coupon for a complimentary appetizer on our next visit, a cookbook signed by the chef, and a small bottle of vinaigrette. My husband was so pleased...very classy...we will be back!

• Visited April 2014
Tommy G, Manager at 312 Chicago, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Connor11_7

We can't thank you enough for spending your husbands special day with us and i am so pleased to hear that you had a wonderful dining experience. Please contact me directly when you come to Chicago again and i will personally take care of your reservation for you. thomas.girrbach@312chicago.com
“Excellent Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

Booked a reservation at 312 Chicago when I booked the Allegro hotel. Both my wife and I enjoyed a wonderful meal. Service was good and the chef went from table to table checking on our satisfaction. Being in the heart of the theatre district I was concerned that quality would be questionable. Would highly recommend 312 Chicago on the basis of quality, service and price. Also had breakfast here the following morning at very reasonable price.

Tommy G, Manager at 312 Chicago, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Jim W.

It is always nice to hear when guests have agreat experience. I hope that you had an amazing stay in Chicago and the Hotel Allegro. Chef Luca puts true passion into his menu and we only serve the freshest of ingredients to our guests. We look forward to having you the next time you stay with us!!!
Montreal
“Too salty”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Had breakfast while staying at the Allegro, attached to 31 (bad idea- see my hotel review). Nice looking restaurant. However, we were seated next to the busboy's station and found the constant clanging of cups, dishes and cutlery very annoying. My Cappuccino took forever to make and was too diluted. Worst of all, the frittata was so salty I could not eat it. Service was rushed- rather frenetic.

Visited May 2014
Tommy G, Manager at 312 Chicago, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
thetraveldoc,

I do apologize that we missed the mark on meeting your dining needs during your stay. It is very unfortunate that you were unable to dine with us when you needed to and when you finally made it in we made you uncomfortable and your food was not edible. I am very sorry for not giving you the true Kimpton Love that we strive for with every guest. If you would like to visit us the next time you are in Chicago please contact me at thomas.girrbach@312chicago.com as i would love to give you a true 312 Chicago experience.