“Heard this was on top 100 list but I'm stymied” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #703 of 9,467 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Downtown / The Loop
Description: We are not going anywhere. Stay tuned for our new concept in this space, opening in 2017.
Toledo, Ohio
“Heard this was on top 100 list but I'm stymied”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Apparently this burger place is famous for it's "inside out burger" which I ordered. Instead of topped with cheese and bacon it's supposed to be stuffed with it, then cooked.

Yea, it was good but less cheese and bacon on the inside than on burgers I've had elsewhere on the outside.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

New York City, New York
“Pretty Good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

I went here for lunch with my coworkers and i ordered a BBQ Burger with Mac &Cheese in it and it was amazing. Kind of messy, but really good. Three of my coworkers had it and we were satisfied. It not your everyday burger after all.

We also tried the Chicago made Green soda, which tasted like candy. I didn't like it much, but it was definitely worth the try.

• Visited March 2014
“Very good local place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed the burgers on rye & onion loaf. It was very unexpected, but very happy. A great date night place. Want to try other items but I will am spoiled with choices so far. Order a drink & kick back

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Chicago, Illinois
“Good dependable burgers”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Good neighborhood burger place. Cooked properly, ok fries. Onion rings are a better choice. Decent beer choices and a friendly staff. Nothing ground breaking but a good burger cooked medium rare as requested.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great Food, Tiny Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

My wife and I ate at Hackney's while staying at the nearby Hilton. The atmosphere was fun and upbeat, despite its tiny size this place can deliver.

We waited about 15 minutes for our two top table. If you are looking for a romantic place to have a dinner, this is probably not the place. However, if you are looking for a fun atmosphere with excellent burgers, look no further.

I got the Hackney burger and my wife the turkey burger, both were great and did not disappoint in the least. The half-portion fried onions were just perfect for the two of us, no need to get the full portion (which we saw later) which could probably serve an army!

Highly recommended, even if it is a little cramped and loud.

Visited December 2013