“Nice Pub, Good Food, Decent Beer Selection”
Review of Hackney's - CLOSED

Hackney's
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Downtown / The Loop
Description: We are not going anywhere. Stay tuned for our new concept in this space, opening in 2017.
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My daughter is a UoC Grad student and she suggested this local favorite. It's certainly popular and on this Saturday early evening it was hopping. A bit tight feeling inside but with great outdoor seating - if the weather is right - the pub had it's own welcoming atmosphere. The beer selection on tap was very good. The talk here was all about the burgers and onion strings. We got a half order as a starter and that was plenty for two or three. I saw several full orders go by on the way to other tables and they would easily serve four or five. These were very good - ESP with a cold beer! (Still my favorite is still those at Lahlani's in Maui but that's another story)

The burgers are very good but not peel-yourself-off-the-ceiling fantastic like the menu seems to proclaim. But they are good and American sized large.

It was pub level noisy but that's what you would expect and overall lived up to my expectations. So, I'll come back next time I am in the area. By the way, the Printers' Row area has a very nice look and feel to this out-of-towner.

There are newer reviews for Hackney's

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Apparently this burger place is famous for it's "inside out burger" which I ordered. Instead of topped with cheese and bacon it's supposed to be stuffed with it, then cooked.

Yea, it was good but less cheese and bacon on the inside than on burgers I've had elsewhere on the outside.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I went here for lunch with my coworkers and i ordered a BBQ Burger with Mac &Cheese in it and it was amazing. Kind of messy, but really good. Three of my coworkers had it and we were satisfied. It not your everyday burger after all.

We also tried the Chicago made Green soda, which tasted like candy. I didn't like it much, but it was definitely worth the try.

Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed the burgers on rye & onion loaf. It was very unexpected, but very happy. A great date night place. Want to try other items but I will am spoiled with choices so far. Order a drink & kick back

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Good neighborhood burger place. Cooked properly, ok fries. Onion rings are a better choice. Decent beer choices and a friendly staff. Nothing ground breaking but a good burger cooked medium rare as requested.