“Must See For Chicago”
Review of Carson's

Carson's
Reserve with OpenTable
Carson's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #209 of 9,714 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Near North Side
Cross street: Ontario
Transit: Clark St bus, LaSalle St bus, Grand Avenue bus.
Description: A Chicago institution since 1977, Carson's is the place visited by presidents, America's favorite athletes, stars of TV, the big screen, and literally millions of BBQ devotees. With hearty portions and a no holds barred attitude of offering only the finest quality available, Carson's promises to be a fabulous dining experience. For those seeking the best in an undeniably American dining tradition, Carson's is a must!
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Chicago is fortunate to have many excellent restaurants for varied cuisines and budgets. But, this is one of Chicago's best. In one bite, you will understand why these ribs were served on Air Force One. The atmosphere reminds me of an early 20th century men's club. The service is excellent as well.

1  Thank James W
There are newer reviews for Carson's

Reviewed 21 September 2013

We decided to eat here based on the recommendation of a former Chicago resident. We ate at the Wells St. location. The meals were excellent, the portions generous, and the service top notch. The prices are moderate, with most meals in the $15-$30 price range. There are two steak dinners at the $40 price point. I had a whole slab of ribs. It was huge. It came with two made in house sides. I had slaw and potatoes, and both were excellent. If you are really hungry and want an excellent dinner, make sure to plan a dinner here. You won't be sorry.

2  Thank Bil D
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Four of us enjoyed the great ribs, wonderful wedge salad, perfect coleslaw and au gratin potatoes at Carson's.
Very good food at reasonable prices for downtown and terrific service. Nestor, our server, was TERRIFIC: always there when we needed him, great advice about menu items and portions, but never hovering. His sense of humor and attention to our table was the "icing on the cake" for a delightful evening dinner at Carson's. Thank you, Nestor!!!

2  Thank Triaero
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My wife and I wanted to eat some proper American Bbq in Chicago. We ended up at Carson's and we do not regret it. The food was awesome. Best pulled pork I have ever tasted. I also had the ribs and I loved them. I can only recommend this restaurant. It may be a little bit further away from Mag Mile than some of the other restaurant, but it's worth the walk. We had a great time. We also tried the Weber Grille and it wasn't even half as good as Carson's.

2  Thank JakobMM
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I was here one night in september with my wife...and I loved it.
We had ribs, they were very tasty, with an excellent coleslaw.
The service was nice and efficient and the bill was very reasonable.
I liked the atmosphere!

1  Thank Bruselense

Been to Carson's? Share your experiences!