“My mouth was dancing with joy”
Review of Vermilion

Vermilion
Reserve with OpenTable
Vermilion is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,483 of 9,668 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Indian, Latin
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Near North Side
Cross street: State
Transit: Red Line at Grand
“My mouth was dancing with joy”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I "found" this restaurant the first week they opened. The ambiance is very feminine with soft fabrics, beautiful colors and gorgeous prints. The food has never disappointed ~ everything has depth of flavor, unique pairings and beautiful presentation. I am a bit of a food snob and I have referred this restaurant to everyone who visits the city. It's a "must" for me whenever I'm in Chicago. You will NOT be disappointed!

• Visited October 2013

Peoples' Republic of Boulder
“A First For Me: Great Indian-Latin Fusion”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We had reservations - for a group of 7 - which limited the tables where we could be seated. The restaurant was packed and the group at the table we were assigned to way over-extended their experience which meant we were not able to be seated until about 45 minutes after our reservation time. The management was nearly mortified and gave us several free drinks and appetizers while we waited, but it still was a bit long! Once we got seated, the food was fantastic! We had a variety of items like coconut chile mussels, duck vindaloo arepas, caldeirada de peixe (Brazilian seafood stew with Indian seasoning), and lamb shank gassi (mangalorean braised lamb shank, mango panch puran rice, tomatillo jalapeno “pachadi”). Such variety, such fusion! Though a long wait, a wonderful experience.

• Visited November 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Stumbled upon a gem”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Was walking down the street and overheard a native telling her out of town friends about this restaurant. After looking at the menu for the restaurant I had chosen, decided to check it out. The menu was daunting, so the waitress suggested the Valentine's Special, which they were continuing for a week after the date. It was amazing. Combinations of flavor that were surprising and portions that were just right. The service was excellent, with the manager making a stop at each table not just to visit, but to help out as the waitress was extremely busy with the full restaurant. Each course was presented and explained and beautiful. I felt like a judge on Chopped or some other Food Network show, but without all the weird ingredients. It was expensive, but not outrageous.

Visited February 2014
Birmingham, Al
“One star may be unfair.”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The menu looked great but as the restaurant is not accessible for wheelchairs I will never know. We are visiting Chicago, picked out the restaurant based on the interesting menu but there were stairs to the entrance and no alternative entrance so we could not go. The waitress looked at me like I was crazy when I asked if there was an accessible entrance. So if you have a wheel chair go elsewhere.

Visited June 2014
North Bay Village, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic food”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

An absolute delight. Unique concept of having indian food in a "dabba".Great taste, great ambience, excellent service!

Visited May 2014