“Nice but dark” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hard Rock Cafe

Hard Rock Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Hard Rock Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #262 of 9,467 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Kids, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Near North Side
Cross street: Clark Street
Transit: 2 blocks west & 2 blocks north of Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) stop at Grand & State Streets.
Description: Hard Rock Cafe is located at the corner of Clark & Ontario in the heart of Chicago's River North neighborhood. Open 364 days per year, the Hard Rock offers something special for everyone. Not only will you receive an incredible dining experience, but you will get the chance to view Chicago's portion of the world's largest music memorabilia collection. In fact, you never know when you may run into a local celebrity, musician or athlete, or even better, have the chance to see a live music event featuring the best emerging & established artists around. Visit www.hardrock.com/chicago & click on "events" to see the upcoming events for 2008. We also welcome help when it comes to our philanthropic efforts. Remember, "Love All, Serve All" & "Save The Planet" are the mottos that capture the spirit of the Hard Rock Cafe in Chicago. So, be sure to make your online reservation TODAY & get the most authentic experience that rocks at Hard Rock Cafe in the Windy City of Chicago!
Rossville, Kansas
“Nice but dark”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

We were there with a party that had selected the food we ate, which was good but probably wouldn't have been my choice. The atmosphere was nice enough but seemed so dark. In my opinion the walls and furnishings were too dark for the low lighting in there. We did enjoy the gift shop, too.

Visited August 2014
ChicagoGM, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Hi Eva,

I appreciate your feedback and am glad you had a good time. I will discuss lighting levels with my team. They might have lowered them a little early during your visit.

• Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Had fun looking at all the memorabilia”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We walked thru Chicago to find this place. Who wouldn't wanna see all this cool stuff. Burgers are huge. Wife asked for no pink but it was a little pink otherwise it was a nice time and food was pretty good. They will sometimes have bands there and the setup is nice. I had a lot of fun looking at the guitars and other memorabilia.

Thanks for coming in to eat this past weekend!

Glad you enjoyed our burgers and killer memorabilia! I appreciate the kind words and hope to see you again soon!

Cheers,

Seattle, Washington
“Dinner after Wrigley”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

We took the train from Wrigley Field after a baseball game and had dinner before retiring for the night. Had a short wait and was seated. The server was excellent. Not having any drinks at our table and just soda's and iced tea the server still made sure that were all overly hydrated. A nice gesture and the food was excellent. Service was outstanding and the food and excellent value. The server encouraged us to get up and look around at all of the "eye candy" in the restaruarnt and while the music was loud it was not a distraction.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ChicagoGM, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Thanks for joining us after watching the Cub's at Wrigley Field. I appreciate your kind words about your great food and service. Hope to see you again soon!!

Jim McGann
“Worst Hard Rock I've ever been to...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

I've been to a lot of Hard Rock Cafes. I always go out of my way to visit one whenever possible. Usually they can be depended on for great food, great service and great atmosphere. Not so much in Chicago. Food was so-so. I always order the pulled pork sandwich (called the "Pig Sandwich" in the good old days of Hard Rock). It was so-so. I also ordered a Hurricane like I always do. It was weak and nothing special.
The menu seems to have gone downhill too. Extra fees for getting meat on your nachos or salad? I think not.
Our server was slow and inattentive. Her grasp of English was minimal. There are no prices on the drink menu, and when my wife asked about the wine she couldn't get an answer about what the house wine was & how much it cost.
Like earlier reviews I thought the music too loud and kind of lame. It's not that I'm old, your music really does suck. Take a look at the demographic in your restaurant: middle age boring white tourists. So why play really loud hip hop and pretentious indie music by artists your customers have never heard of?
I hope these are just a Chicago issues and not trends that have invaded all Hard Rocks, or else I'll have a lot of Hard Rock Cafe pins for sale soon...

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
ChicagoGM, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Hi Steve,

I appreciate your feedback from your recent visit. We pride ourselves on great food and service. Consistency is what we strive for with every guest we serve. We fell short during your visit. You obviously are a Hard Rock fan and I would like to invite you back if the opportunity presents itself. I feel confident that I can change your current opinion.

Banff, United Kingdom
“It's another Hard Rock Cafe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Just love these HRC guess I visited half the cafés in the world they are all the same, same decore same food, different beers different money to spend, but just love the atmosphere always visit when in a town with a cafe and do recommend them

• Visited August 2013
Hi Alan,

We appreciate your business and hope you continue to be a Hard Rock "Lifer"!!

Thanks for visiting and hope you come back and see us again soon!