“No happy hour in Chicago, but potent drinks here!”
Review of Cardozo's Pub

Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch
Neighbourhood: Downtown / The Loop
Chandler, Arizona
“No happy hour in Chicago, but potent drinks here!”
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I'm a dive bar fanatic. As soon as we started down the stairs, I knew I would like this place. The bartender was super friendly. Glad we found this gem!

• Visited April 2013

Phoenix, Arizona
“Sorry to bother, waitress doing us a favor by waiting on us”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

What an awful experience, it was Friday afternoon a bit before happy hour, we'd just arrived and were in search of a local Chicago deli. The waitress not only slumped while taking order, she approached our table with her phone in hand texting. She departed texting.Twice while seated we approached her first for water then for utensils both times she was seated TEXTING. She never visited our table to ask us anything, if we might want anything, or for that matter how is everything. There was only one other table across from us. To get the bill we had to leave the table in search of her!

• Visited May 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Casual dive”
Reviewed 5 December 2011

We were looking for a bar to go to after Christkindl Market in Daley Plaza. I used metromix.com to see what was near the plaza and on the way to Union Station, and I found Cardozos. It’s just what we wanted – not fancy like the hotel bars or the restaurants around there. In fact, we felt like we were in Wisconsin, with the paneling on the walls, the booths, and Christmas lights strung. The lunch specials looked good, especially because they were inexpensive. However, we were there at around 6 pm, and their menu is limited after lunch. If I didn’t read about this place, I doubt we would’ve noticed it. It’s just a plain door that leads to a stairway going down. It’s next to a Thai restaurant and easy to miss. Our $5 cosmos were wonderful and the bartender was nice. We each had a chicken sandwich that came with fries. The food was nothing great, but satisfactory for our purpose. I will come back here, because I like the atmosphere and the prices, and it’s hard to find something like this in the Loop.

• Visited December 2011
3 Thank Bluemermaid25
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Kind of a dive place in...”
Reviewed 18 July 2008

Kind of a dive place in the basement of the building, but there is some likable about it. I like the chicken parm sandwich.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook