“Fantastic surprise for a Hotel Restaurant”

Stetson's Modern Steak + Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
Stetson's Modern Steak + Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #321 of 9,544 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown / The Loop
Cross street: Stetson
Description: Discover the unexpected at Stetsons Modern Steak + Sushi. We deliver a non-traditional steakhouse experience in a comfortable urban setting. Flexible portions of thoughtfully sourced natural beef, sustainable seafood and organic produce are crafted into variety of internationally inspired shareable dishes that clearly convey...This is not your typical Chicago Steak House. Dine at one of the best restaurants in Chicago.
Orland Park, Illinois
“Fantastic surprise for a Hotel Restaurant”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

The cap steak was one of the best steaks we have had. The spices and tenderness were fantastic. The octopus was delicious and tender. Don't pass this by, it was a surprise to us to have such an excellent steak place in a hotel lobby.

• Visited March 2014

• Turkish first
Columbia, MD
“Excellent food and service, but pricey.”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I've stayed in the Hyatt Regency each December for business every year for the last 25 years. I've not dined at Stetson's for the last 5 years or so because of other obligations or because it was closed for renovation. The renovated Stetson's is very different than then before with an ambiance that I much prefer--more open space, and modern decor. Service on a Saturday night was prompt and knowledgeable. I opted for an 8oz filet mignon which was cooked to my liking, flavorful and tender. Just the right size. The side dish I chose was the best creamed corn I've eaten in many years. Rich, flavorful, with tender fresh kernels. And the serving was huge, but I enjoyed every bit. Those dishes, wine and a dessert was about $80. That's a bit on the high side, even for Chicago, but not unreasonable for the quality and location right in the hotel. Reservations are important.

Visited December 2013
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Overpriced and nothing special”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I had a dinner at Stetson's (now called "Stetson's Modern Steak and Sushi") with a professional group associated with a convention at the Hyatt Regency in which it is housed. The restaurant was convenient, especially given how cold it was in Chicago during that meeting, but that is about the only positive I took away.

I wasn't quite sure what the "Modern Steak and Sushi" title would mean--perhaps some sort of fusion or unusual culinary experiment that is so common in the marvelous world of Chicago restaurants. Nope. Simply a menu that had sushi. And steak. And a few other things that would largely be in the category of American restaurant fare.

We had a couple of maki rolls at the table for appetizers. They were quite good. I then had a wedge salad, which was okay, and the mussels, which were simply meh. The quality of the food was below that of so many more interesting places I have eaten in Chicago--I regret that we as a group were not more creative and bold in our choice. The value for the meal was not good--prices are very high for what one gets, but that is part of the price of the convenience of a hotel restaurant. The wine list is weak and very overpriced with at least a 4x price factor relative to retail.

The company was good and the seating was nice for a party of six. Service was good. But one can do so much better even at closeby neighboring hotels. I will likely not return to Stetson's.

• Visited February 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“'Modern', scrumptious, and pricey”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

If you're staying at the Hyatt Regency Chicago, you'll want to spend one evening here. Even though the prices are high (I spent ca. $65 for myself alone, without wine) the menu is commendable and it's 'modern' touches in presentation and selections make it worth the splurge. I use the word 'modern' as they do--not sure what it means but that's OK!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Tsuri77
Oberlin, Ohio
“Nice place to chill out”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I got some Sushi (spicy tuna) for take-out. If you are staying at Hyatt Regency hotel, this is a great place to chill, nice bar and good food. Although, it is not cheap. But you definitely pay for service and atmosphere! The staff are really nice, particularly the guy called Juan in the Bar.

• Visited December 2013