“Great filet mignon!”

Stetson's Modern Steak + Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
Stetson's Modern Steak + Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #359 of 9,493 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown / The Loop
Cross street: Stetson
Description: Discover the unexpected at Stetsons Modern Steak + Sushi. We deliver a non-traditional steakhouse experience in a comfortable urban setting. Flexible portions of thoughtfully sourced natural beef, sustainable seafood and organic produce are crafted into variety of internationally inspired shareable dishes that clearly convey...This is not your typical Chicago Steak House. Dine at one of the best restaurants in Chicago.
Sao Paulo, SP
“Great filet mignon!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Organic food from local producers. Filet mignon done to perfection. Had a side of creamy corn that was delicious. Service was also very good. Loved it!

• Visited June 2014

• Turkish first
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good food and good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Had the New York strip (rare,but it was cooked a bit more than I like). Well seasoned and aged. Asparagus and lobster bisque were excellent. Servers were attentive and friendly.

The value was not quite where I would've put the pricing. Good food, but not transcendent. The bill for two of us with only one drink (pint of beer) was,$200. Good for business entertainment.

Visited May 2014
Schaumburg
“If I had to choose my last meal on Earth...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I took my boyfriend to Stetson's for a dinner to celebrate a new job. First off, parking was incredibly easy as valet is right at the entrance of the hotel and the restaurant validates parking stubs. Served prior to the meal are wonderful cheese popovers and then we had the short-rib flat bread, broccoli mac & cheese and a cocktail each (deceivingly strong I might add =D ). My SO had the cap steak per our waiter's recommendation and I had the filet. We both agreed, BEST STEAKS EVER! If I had to choose my last meal on Earth, this would quite literally be it! They are a bit pricey but we happened to have an online deal. Nevertheless, we will definitely be going there again! Great service, amazing food, wonderful ambiance!

• Visited April 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“I'll never nix a hotel restaurant again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Normally we don't choose upscale hotel restaurants because they're usually overpriced and more about presentation than anything else. However, this time we had a coupon for Stetson's which was the driver behind the reservation. Inside the Hyatt on Wacker, which is a pretty cool place to check out anyway, we arrived early and went to the bar for a cocktail during the Kentucky Derby (we should have bet cuz my hub's pick #5 won). The place was pretty packed and had a fun atmosphere so our 30 minute wait went by quickly (we were early, restaurant wasn't late). After being seated at Stetson's our server quickly introduced himself ("call me Dan, Danny, Daniel") and we were off to the races. He was knowledgeable, fun, and made wonderful recommendations. Rainbow roll (my favorite so I get it everywhere to see how the freshness of the fish stacks up) and sushi (nigiri, sashimi, and rolls) were soooooooo fresh and delicious. My "latin style" skirt steak was good (but not as good as in PR), and the ribeye was delicious, but the cap steak was out of this world fabulous! The best tasting, most tender steak I've had in years... yes, years! We all tried it (we are 4 "taste-buds" that always sample each other's dishes) and all agreed one of the best steaks ever. Rolls, asparagus, seasonal oysters, dessert, all excellent. Yes, we tried lots of items, cuz remember, we had a coupon. Our entire experience was delicious and we highly recommend Stetson's. On our way out we told the manager we would have never chosen this place if not for the coupon and thanked them for making it available. Now that we know... we will go back, without a coupon, and recommend it to others! Bravo!

• Visited May 2014
Highland Park, Illinois
“Hotel Food done just right”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Although I'm not usually a fan of hotel restaurants, this one is exceptional! The one and only glitch to our evening was the parking. It would have been nice if when we made our reservation we had been told that you can valet park your car at the hotel and they will validate your ticket for up to three hours of parking. Nice! Free Parking for dinner in Chicago. A deal any way you look at it. Unfortunately the hotel is under some construction and the directions for picking up the car were a bit confusing but of course we did eventually get the car.

Now onto the stars of the evening, the food and the service. Our waiter was awesome. He was super friendly, helpful and professional. We began our meal with the grilled octopus. While the small ends of the pieces were a bit charred the dish itself was excellent. The meat was not chewy but tender and delicate. The plate was well balanced, hitting all the right spots on one's palate, On our waiter's recommendation both my husband I ordered the rib eye steak. Both of ours were done to perfection. We ordered it medium rare and that was just how it came out, not overcooked and not still mooing. The meat had just the right amount of seasoning rubbed into it. You have your choice of sauces to go along with your meat. I chose the horseradish cream and my husband chose the applewood smoked bacon bourbon. I think that we both liked the horseradish cream a bit more, but you have to like that kind of thing. The other was good too but tasty more gravy like to me. As an added treat we were both given a sauce made with fois gras. This was the best sauce yet. It's not even on the menu as an option so I don't know if the chef was just trying out or what was going on. Other tables didn't get it. We both loved it so I hope they put it on as a regular option. As a side we had the asparagus. It was delicious.

In spite of being in a hotel I would look forward to returning here.

• Visited April 2014