“yummy in my tummy”

yummy in my tummy

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 4 January 2008

This is my favorite Cuban restaurant in Chicago...great food and drinks. My favorite dish is the Paella and the stuffed plantains are delicious.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 9 July 2006

A small group of us ate there last night. I don't claim to be an expert on Cuban cuisine. But the food we had was excellent. Service was prompt and efficient. Great decor. Easy parking in the neighborhood.

A TripAdvisor Member
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 9 July 2006

Potentially worst than the cafeteria food in a public school. Being from Miami and having eaten real Cuban food this place is a complete disaster. HORRIBLE food that I do not think my dog would eat and the service may be even worse than the food. The manager was extremely rude when I said that the food was not good and told me I'd have to pay for it anyway and did not offer an apology and just walked away. Not only was it not authentic Cuban it was disgusting. I wouldn't recomend it to anyone.

A TripAdvisor Member
Schaumburg, IL
Reviewed 21 December 2004

I was there on 12/20/04 and had the worst service ever. I'm a server myself and know how service should be, this was unacceptable. The bartender took our order and forgot to bring the drinks, we ordered a yuca relleno appetizer and got it with the food, the busboy brought our food out and forgot the black beans. No one came over to say how was the dinner or if we needed anything. On top of everything, I tipped 20% and regreted it. I'm from Miami and often bragged how good authentic Cuban food is, so I took my aunt to Cafe Bolero, because it said "Authentic Cuban Cuisine" --- to my amazement it wasn't even close and how embarrassing it was to say it wasn't to my aunt. This was very disappointing and I will never go back nor recommend it to anyone.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member