“Super restaurant with Mama's cooking”
Review of Paul Zakopane Harnas Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Paul Zakopane Harnas Restaurant
Reviewed 28 May 2011

We were looking for a great Polish restuarant that's not a buffet.... and wow, did we find one! This restaurant was recommended to me by Barbara Rolek, Eastern Europe Food writer for About.com.
Excellent selection, incredible and 'real' taste just like Mamusia ( Mama) used to make. Huge portions, but oh so well prepared. Deliscious flavours, very polite and efficient service all ended with a fun dessert accompanied by complentary sherry liquor and ciastko (cake) to end the lunch on the right note. As previous reviewer indicated the atmosphere is not the Ritz, but the four of us had fun, laughed out nd made our own atmosphere.

We all loved it and can't wait to go back and back and bring more people there. Oh, and the prices were unbeatable. Huge lunch (can't possibly eat dinner after this one) for 4 with drinks/wine and gratuity was under $50.00 !!!!
We'll be there again soon!
Barbara

Reviewed 8 September 2009

The best Polish food ever! Simple,nothing fancy, but oh-so-good! Soups are fantastic and the entrees superb. I think there was a community of little Polish Grandmothers out in that kitchen cooking away. Not sure what to try? I recommend the Polish Assortment dinner. My son and I each ordered this and couldn't finish it, which is amazing all by it's self! I guess you'd classify the food as Polish comfort food! Definately recommend this place and it's extraordinarily inexpensive! Sausage with sauerkraut, perogi, stuffed cabbage, meatballs, cheese filled crepes, the menu is large along with the portions. The soups were also a huge hit as a cup came with each meal. The place is nothing fancy, but go for the food and make your own atmosphere.

1  Thank Markmaine