“Not my thing...”

Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: West Loop
Cross street: Morgan Street
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Once in a life time experience. Extremely pricey dinner, 12 courses over 4 hours. The overall experience was a contradiction. First you taxi to a seedy, dark, warehouse district, Totally unexpected considering the exclusivity of this restaurant.
Very small, crowed seating, you not only experience what is going on at your table but the tables next to you also...
What made the experience unbelievable was the presentation of the different dishes. I liked / loved most of the courses, each one was so unexpected and worth the trip. My favorite dish was the smoked oysters and the worst taste was the cigars...Michael Bolton was desert! If this is your thing...you will love it!

Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

Moto is a place of its own and you havo to be in the mindset to enjoy all the different flavors, textures, temperatures of each dish. Certainly the 12 dishes are presented in very unique ways.
I believe it is way overpriced and the service, while very polite and informed, feels a bit too rehearsed.

Reviewed 9 March 2013 via mobile

We celebrated our 10th anniversary at Moto. It was a little hard to find as the signage was not bright, but once we did, we were treated to an intimate table where we sat side by side and watched a sous chef create the edible menu for everyone's first course. My favorite course was The River, which was a play on bagels with lochs. The dessert courses were outstanding as well. I've never eaten somewhere where there's a tasting menu and you get whatever they serve you. And I am a picky eater usually. But I ate things I never would have tried on my own, and really enjoyed it all. If you can bear to part with the cash, it is an experience not to be missed in Chicago. We are not big wine drinkers so didn't do the pairings, saving us some money. The most interesting dish was the palette cleanser... distilled jalepeno juice... all the flavor minus the scoval units. Refreshing!

1  Thank punkinpie79
Reviewed 6 February 2013

Those folk who rave about the food in this place must come from a different world than mine, Plus I think the title of this review speaks for itself.
Creative, yes, unique, yes but for the most part style far outweighed substance.
Great wine pairing, staff very well informed, polite and enthusiastic about the offerings.
Plus no water in the ladies bathroom on the night we were there.
I would imagine for the vast majority of patrons it is a one and only visit.
Very interesting never the less.

2  Thank Jim A
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Unique cannot describe this experience, seems to be nestled in a very hidden place in a warehouse area of town, the service from the door to wait staff, chefs were all perfect, everything was well thought out. there is not a single thing i can think of to complain about, we were even given a tour of the kitchen after our meal, make sure you have at least 3 hours to spare when visiting this place as the many courses take a while, enjoy the experience, and the company your with. Hope you find this review helpful, i cannot comment on prices as i was a treat from friends.

1  Thank boilermonster