“wonderful place for dessert!”

Ghirardelli Ice Cream & Chocolate Shop
Ranked #14 of 195 Dessert in Chicago
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Magnificent Mile
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We stopped here after seeing "Wicked". You are greeted with a free sample of chocolate. It was crowded but the line moved efficiently. We had delicious ice cream, there were so many choices we will have to return! The seating area is small, but there is a small park across the street to enjoy your dessert.

Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Wow , what a SUNDAE, wish I could have those calories everyday!.

They greet you by handing you a holiday chocolate. Cashiers were very nice to me . Got my treat to go. All good can't wait to go again before I leave Chicago.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

We had dinner at one of the finest steakhouses just off Michigan Avenue and knew this would hit the spot for dessert as we eyed it on the walk over from the hotel, and had been here before. I ordered the largest (three sizes are available) cookies and cream milkshake and there was still more than half of it left when we got back to the hotel, and yes I savored every last bit of it while watching the end of Monday Night Football! It is a little pricey, but this is Chicago, and my oh my, you certainly get what you pay for! Plus everyone gets a free chocolate at the door, what could be better than that!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I ordered a chocolate chip cookie and a huge lemon ice gelato which was over the top delicious. It was not too busy when we were there service was great.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We visit this ice cream shop several times a year and when we travel to San Fran and San Diego we visit their shops as well.
The quality of their product is excellent, always fresh and a taste treat. Since we visit the Chicago location frequently, they know us there and custom make our sundae order perfectly. They hire friendly and patient servers who aim to please. We always tip, they deserve it! They keep this crowded space clean and attractive. Go there for fresh chopped almonds, chocolate sauce like no other and the only ice cream in the world that I will waste my calories on.