“Not serving museum goers very well” 2 of 5 bubbles

Good for: View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating
Neighbourhood: Streeterville
Orange County
“Not serving museum goers very well”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

I planned to eat at the Museum of Contemporary art. At about 2:20, I went to the cafe. I was told by the cashiers/front counter that the food service was closed. I thought the cafe was open until 4 pm. She said just for drinks and snack food (candies). There were no salads, sandwiches, pastries or other selections. I pointed out that it was not quite 2:30 but the woman at the counter said there was nothing she could no, it depended on the kitchen. I went to the pizza/kitchen section and spoke with a guy there. He said there was nothing he could do, it depended on the counter/cashiers! Regardless of when the hot lunches or pizzas are no longer served. I have never been at a museum where you could not get a sandwich or pie or salad at the cold deli. This was a busy Saturday family day a few weeks before Christmas....why not better service and a nicer offering for museum guests?

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Longmeadow, Massachusetts
“Nice Museum Cafe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

What a beautiful setting on a sunny summer day- you can almost see Lake Michigan from the patio, and anyway the sculptures were fun. We had the falafel and a salad, both delicious, and the museum was great as well. I would happily dine here again next time I visit the MCA.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Chicago, Illinois
“Food + Art in Chicago”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

The outstanding Museum of Contemporary Art houses the delightful Puck's restauarant for a light lunch either inside or out on the terrace overlooking Lake Michigan.
Both sit down dining with a creative menu plus Puck's Express for ready-made sandwiches and salads either to go or at tables.
Just acorss the street from Water Tower Place and the Ritz Carlton, this is a relaxing break from shopping in the area.
Walk in either thru the front entrance (no admission fee if you're dining) or via the GIft Shop on the sidewalk level, then up the stairs to the main lobby.

• Visited September 2012
Albany, New York
“Great lunch on the deck”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

The lunch was great and the outside seating was even better. There was no wait around lunch time, and the service was pretty quick. I would suggest everyone try this place out.

Visited September 2012
Michigan
“Lovely lunch at Puck's at the MCA”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

Although it was a busy time of day, we were seated quickly at a table with a view of Lake Michigan. The servers were very attentive, but did not interfere with our discussion -- just how I like it. After we ordered, the waitstaff brought out a great plate of breads, along with a wonderful cheese and olive tapanade spread. My entree was a baked chicken breast over a bed of potatoes, zucchini, and seared cherry tomatoes. My friend had the fish and chips. Both portions were large and both came out piping hot. The meals were flavorful and settled well. We were still able to walk through all of the exhibitions without that "heavy" feeling that comes from having a large lunch. Best of all, there were many menu items that I would have enjoyed, and I am very picky, so I would recommend this to any group of diners. BTW, if you are in a hurry or on a budget, there is a Puck's Express at the other side of the restaurant that serves salads and sandwiches. I love the MCA (have been a member for quite some time); the ability to have a nice lunch there only adds to the pleasure of a visit.

• Visited April 2012