“Always a Great Experience”

Bubba Gump Shrimp Company
Ranked #200 of 9,764 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Streeterville
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My wife and I always make a point of visiting Bubba Gump when we see one in a city we visit and have never had a disappointing experience. Service is always top notch at Bubba because of their Run Forrest Run/Stop Forrest Stop signs which ensure that any available server will come help you out whenever you need it. The location at Navy Pier in Chicago definitely was on par with any other location we've been to. Despite July 4th crowds at Navy Pier and being quoted around 20-25 minutes to be seated and were seated in under 10 minutes. Portions were hearty and prices were very reasonable. My wife and I always enjoy the fantastic remoulade dipping sauce and will request some even if the meal doesn't come with it. This chain continues to maintain great standards in casual dining and we will continue to frequent their various locations as we come across them.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Service was good, food was mediocre. We had shrimp mac/cheese (meh), calamari (too many fried peppers, not enough squid, ok flavor), chowder (average), shrimp combo (coconut and fried shrimp good), mahi/shrimp combo (pretty good), choc chip cookie sundae dessert was the best part of the meal!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Stopped here for lunch after enjoying Navy Pier and double decker bus tours. The food was very good and reasonably priced considering where you are at, in tourist season, etc. We had the shrimp feast and a salad that was with pears, other fruits/veggies, pecans, etc. My wife thought it was one the best salads she ever had. We shared our meals and I would agree, outstanding salad.

The shrimp (4 types) with fries were excellent. Loved the presentation and quality. Our waiter was very good and spent some time playing a little Forest Gump trivia with us. The atmosphere here is very good and all in all this is a great spot for some seafood on the Pier. Drink choices were also very good for both alcoholic and non alcoholic choices. Yes, you can eat cheaper on the per but will be in McDonalds at the food court.............Simply, you get what you pay for. We would definitely go back here for a meal again.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

This is the best place we ate at in Chicago. The service and food was awesome. We have a lively server. I initially didn't order any food just a drink but a friend offered me her fish, oh my goodness it was sooooo good! Cooked just right with the right amount of flavor. I like the presentation/props for the food. The servers sang happy birthday a few times for folks celebrating their birthdays and they had this unique way of singing happy birthday. They had a lot of energy. The wait was so long to get into here to eat but I see why they are high demand.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Service and staff were very good but food and drink is over priced. In the US where there is lots of choice this place is overpricing itself.