“Little to no flavor.”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Lincoln Park
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I don't get to Chicago very often and when I do, I usually make a trip to Uno's Grill.

Due to the history of deep dish in Chicago, I wanted to try Lou Malnati's.

We ordered two pizzas. One Sausage and one Lou's special. Both deep dish and I have to say I was disappointed in both. The sausage was good but everything else lacked flavor. Seriously, everything tasted bland. The sauce was lacking and the crust didn't deliver either.

It looks like a lot of people like this pizza but I'll save my calories for Uno's when I'm in town.

There are newer reviews for Lou Malnati's Pizzeria

Reviewed 15 June 2014

The food was amazing. The BBQ chicken salad was tasty and the pizza - out of this world. By far the best pizza I have had. The decor of the restaurant was nice too. The lounge style seating in the front of the restaurant was nice, a good place to hang out. I can't wait to return and perhaps I'll even order some for delivery to PA before I get a chance to go back.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have been watching my weight, and was not looking forward to our group's dinner here. However, I was pleasantly surprised when I found a healthy option that was to die for !! I ordered the Tilapia Piccata. The fish was lightly breaded and laid on top of sauteed mushrooms and spinach and topped with a tomatoe piccata sauce. So very good !! Since it was my first visit to Lou's I did benefit a very small piece of the deep dish pizza. Although it was also very good, I was very pleased with my healthy choice. If I go again, it's the tilapia for me. Believe me it was that good!!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I'd been to a few Lou Malnati's when I lived in Chicago, this one most recently in June of last year. At this location, the red sauce were not the best, you could see they used molding tomatoes in it. The wait times here are long usually but at least at Lou Malnati's, one can order their pizza while waiting. My overall recommendation is Lou Malnati's is average Chicago Pizza (I'm more a fan of Brooklyn NYC Pizza), go to the Lou Malnati's in River North or the South Loop instead because this location isn't as good.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

This place was recommended as one of the best deep-dish pizza places in Chicago, and it did not disappoint. The Lincoln Park location is conveniently located close to the subway line, so it's easy to get to. We had to wait about 30 minutes for a table, as we came at quite a busy dinner time. This location is smaller than some of the other Lou's locations, as well as cheaper (the State St. location's prices were higher for the same items). We were given a menu to pre-order so that our food would be served faster once we were seated. The kitchen was also putting out free sample pizzas while we waited. We opted for the Lou's Classic Deep Dish (with sausages and buttery crust - small is plenty for two people), and for dessert the chocolate chip cookie pizza (smallest one is plenty for two people). This is one of the best pizzas I've had in my life. There was tons of gooey mozzarella cheese, the Italian sausage was juicy and slightly spicy, and tomatoes were just the right amount of zest. The best part of the pizza is its flakey buttery, crispy crust - it made all the difference. Lou's also sells its deep-dish pizzas frozen to take home. Simply divine. The service was quite good, fast and courteous. I'd definitely recommend this restaurant to try Chicago's famous dep-dish pizza!

Been to Lou Malnati's Pizzeria? Share your experiences!