“OH THE FRESH OJ”

Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Lincoln Park
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Freshly squeezed OJ is out of this world, a great loosen your belt breakfast diner. You will not leave hungry and the prices are reasonable. They will have a card of special seasonal offers at your table but stick with the regular menu. I have been taken down the road of those seasonal things and always wish I would have ordered one of my favorites off the regular menu. From banana pancakes to eggs benedict, I have never been disappointed. Gather up some newspapers or magazines, get your coffee ordered, sit back and relax. This is in the north shore area on Wells, close to Lincoln Park. No reservations, get your name on the list and wait for them to scream your name, everyone gathers outside on the street waiting for their name to be called on the weekends.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

This was our go to place to meet our various family members for breakfast before we did our daily activities in Chicago

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Within walking distance from Hotel Lincoln. Food yummy, FRESH squeezed orange juice wonderful. Could have used my coffee topped off more, but it was a busy Father's day.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Nookies: a neighborhood standard in Old Town. The place for breakfast (all day) and comfort food and that feeling that you're in a place that is not exactly 'a restaurant.' Maybe a diner. I cannot be objective about Nookies. We took our kids there for weekend breakfasts. The go-to spot. If you want to see "REAL Chicagoans" go to Nookies.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

The portions at Nookies are MASSIVE; be sure to share anything you get. It has a diner vibe: loud, dishes clanking, bright lights, and no alcohol (though I think you can BYOB?). I got the cheese omelet which was more than enough for two people.