“Amazing ribs”
Review of Gale Street Inn

Gale Street Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Gale Street Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #352 of 9,548 Restaurants in Chicago
Neighbourhood: Northwest Side
England
“Amazing ribs”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

My dad has been going to this place for about 30 years, from when he used to work at O'Hare. We were very happy to see that not only was it still up and running that the ribs were every bit as amazing as we had remembered from the last time we visited 8-10 years ago. Keep it up and we're looking forward to another visit this November!

• Visited June 2014

Usakos, Namibia
“A nice lunch”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Dropped in for a Friday lunch. I had the half rack or ribs my spouse had the jambalaya. The jambalaya was good and had a nice spice to it. I tried it. We both worked around the shrimp as we don't like shrimp but tried a few. My ribs were good. Not "best in the city good" as the menu declared. But the meat was really tender and the half rack filled me up but nothing I'd go out of my way for. The ribs I had at a national chain earlier in the week were better. However the service was good. The menu features a nice variety and the decor of the place as very inviting. We'd definitely go back.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Large party - GREAT service!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Attended a family dinner here - 12 of us - we had reservation and did have a short wait for a table. Well worth the wait! The food was delicious and the service outstanding! Ordered the prime rib, waiter apologetically informed me they had run out after he put my order in. Went with the petite filet - it was divine - a little charred on the outside and rare on the inside - just how I like it! All in all, I would highly recommend this restaurant - especially if you like beer and ribs. They do have salmon which I heard was good too.

2 Thank MagsATL
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Fabulous ribs”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The ribs are wonderful and our entire dinner there was great...so good we went back the following evening.

Hunstville
“Good ribs but steak went back three times”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The ribs here are outstanding! We had fantastic service from our waitress, even though it was an extremely busy night. However, one non fussy guest had to reluctantly send her steak back twice. On the third try, it still wasn't eatable, but she was too embarrassed to send it again. The owner came over and apologized to our party of 10, but in reality, he should've taken it off our bill. I would return here for the ribs, their specialty.

• Visited May 2014