“Excellent Dim Sum”

Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Moorhead, Minnesota
“Excellent Dim Sum”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I have been to this restaurant may times although I don't live in Chicago. I have had dim sum since I was a kid and that is over 50 years of dim sum eating. For a dim sum place outside of San Francisco and New York, Phoenix is about as good as any place. The service is standard, the staff seems to care. The place is typical Chinese with a very large Chinese clientele, a good sign. There is a pay parking lot near by. There will be some wait on a weekend but not bad. I have reviewed this restaurant once before and it is just as good now. The choice of dim sum is good. I have not done off the dinner menu so this review is only about dim sum. I rank it very highly. You will get a good idea of the genre when you run through a selection of dim sum at Phoenix. Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank kawidd

London, United Kingdom
“RIP OFF!!!”
Reviewed 5 May 2012 via mobile

Being Chinese and an avid fan of dim sum we were happy to read good reviews on the Phoenix on here and yelp!
Boy was it disappointing. We have literally just finished lunch and it's so bad that I felt the need to stop others from being ripped off.

The restaurant is dirty, with really old chinaware. Disposable chopsticks, no spoons or bowls( my thought was they wash less to save some money?) all chinese restaurants give spoons and bowls it's a necessity. The service was pretty much none exsitant, with 5 waiters standing round chatting and no people coming round with food carts. When they did they just went to one side of the room unless you flagged them down. The selection of food was poor very poor, didn't even have basics like har gau or siu Mai, the food we did have was okay. But due to small selection we had to double up on some food. After eating 9 dishes and tea it was a little over $40!! Plus tip!! We were in San Francisco and had the same amount of food with a variety of dishes and paid $20
I would not recommend this place at all, stay away unless you have money to burn and want to be disappointed

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

Medford, New Jersey
“Dim Sum with Friends”
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Met friends for dim sum in Chicago's Chinatown on a Saturday morning around 10:30 for a party of nine. We beat the rush that by the time we left around noon had a long waiting line. We sampled a combination of classical dim sum items although my nephew was disappointed when we passed on the chicken feet all served with tea. The servers are very friendly although here were some ebb and flows to the delivery of the food. Enjoyed our visit and something different.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Westpo
Winter Garden, Florida
“Dim Sum - First time for my husband”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

My son (9) loves China town. This is one of our favorite places to eat. I took my husband and we ordered 5 dishes octopus, ribs, potstickers, white rice, spring rolls, and dumplings. I am not sure on the correct names. It was the cheapest meal that we had in Chicago and it was good. We saw a huge group that ordered off the menu and the had duck and a ton of other dishes that looked amazing. Next time we are going to try ordering off the menu.

Visited April 2012
Huntington, West Virginia
“Love the food!”
Reviewed 16 February 2012

During my 5-day stay in Chicago, I went to two dim sum restaurants. Phoenix is certainly much better than MingHin. I like to pick what I like to eat from a cart, not from a picture. Though the service could be robotic sometimes, it is kind of what dim sum servers can offer in Hong Kong, too- efficient but less friendly. Nevertheless, I will definitely go back in the future.

Visited February 2012