“My hotel choice for Chicago from now on”

The Godfrey Hotel Chicago
Ranked #52 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I am a frequent traveler to Chicago both for business and pleasure. I pretty much have stayed at half the hotels in downtown Chicago. Decided to try this hotel because well the price was right and let me tell you from the moment I walked in, I knew this hotel was my second home. The staff was incredibly friendly, met Fran and she made me feel so welcomed. Walked into the room and it was prestine and ultra modern. I had a south facing room and the view was beautiful The beds were comfortable and I had no issue with noise.

The rooftop lounge on the 4th floor definitely reminded me of a ultra classy nightclub feel and I am not a club person but this was classy and very stylish. I could spend many hours just sitting on the white couches sipping their chef created cocktails.

This will now be my hotel of choice everytime I go back to Chicago. I am telling all my co-workers who travel to Chicago to stay at the Godfrey. Wish I could give it 10 stars

Room Tip: Ask for a south facing view
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Jermaine A, Manager at The Godfrey Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

10 stars? Why thank you - we wish you could give that many too but we'll settle for five. Thank you very much for your excellent review. We're happy you felt as though The Godfrey Hotel is your second home. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Thank you again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,955)

Reviewed 25 March 2014

The staff at Godfrey Hotel is polished and poised, yet lively & caring! They went beyond our expectations. Sade, Jose, Enrique, Benjamin, 8th floor housekeeping staff & all others we encountered were amazing! We even got to meet George, the GM outside @IO Urban Roofscape.
We went to the IO bar Friday night for a night cap...music was excellent and high-energy!
The location is central and safe.
The décor is contemporary, clean and upbeat!
Our room was spacious & spotless! Loved the blend of textures, tiles, and stainless throughout!
It is hard to believe this place opened for business SuperBowl wkd.
WOW...The Godfrey Hotel has their act together, for sure.
We would recommend The Godfrey, without a doubt.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the South exposure...lots of sunlight into our room...view of City was good too!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jermaine A, Manager at The Godfrey Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Italiapmf,

We're thrilled you had a great time in the Windy City and a great experience at our hotel. Our team is trained to provide impeccable service and I'll certainly share your kind words with them. We do believe that great customer service is critical for our valued guests. We hope you will visit again soon.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Great location. Close to restaurants, clubs, and the Magnificent Mile shopping in River North. Great room. The mattress was not the best (for me - I see others liked this aspect but my back killed for each of the two nights I slept there). Very good and helpful staff. Neat rooftop bar. Cheap and easy parking (close by) off site.

1  Thank Boo_Doc
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The Godfrey Hotel exceeded our expectations. My friend and I stayed there recently to celebrate her 30th birthday. When we arrived, the front desk agent Joshua was full of personality and was very informative and welcoming. We were offered a complimentary room upgrade which was much appreciated! The IO Urban Roofscape lounge and restaurant was super hip and was definitely the place to see and be seen. The bartenders and waitstaff were really fun and gave us advice on other places to visit during our trip. The hotel staff was also super amazing. We called to ask for a corkscrew and someone came up to our room, took our bottle of champagne and opened it for us and brought it back in a champagne bucket with ice and glass champagne glasses to replace our plastic ones; she went above and beyond. On our day of departure were able to get a late-check out and the front desk staff assisted us with printing our boarding passes and held our luggage for the day until it was time for us to head to the airport. Did I mention the superb location? It's close to everything in the River North area. My friend and I could walk to shopping, dining, nightlife, tourist attractions, markets and grocery stores, and the blowdry bar. I will definitely be staying at The Godfrey Hotel next time I visit Chicago.

If you want to get treated like a VIP, the Godfrey Hotel is the place to be!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Jessi K,

Thank you for your review and Happy 30th Birthday to your friend. We're happy you were able to celebrate with us. I'm most happy to read that you felt like a VIP while you stayed with us - that's exactly how you should feel when staying at The Godfrey Hotel Chicago. I'm also happy you were able to take advantage of our amenities and convenient location.

We hope you will visit again very soon. Thanks Jessi.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Love this place. Best bed ever. Imagine that the bed is what a cocoon feels like (assuming that's a good thing!) Great location, super check-in staff and wonderful room. Going back soon. This statement is to get 200 characters for the review to be accepted. (????)

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 23 March 2014

From check in to room service, rooftop dining, and checkout, everything was great!!

The staff offered top notch service. I travel a lot for work and personal and have seen a lot of beautiful hotels (which includes the Godfrey). What sets this hotel apart from the rest is their exceptional service.

I highly recommend staying there and experiencing the rooftop (spirits and food).

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your recent review and for staying with us. We pride ourselves on superior guest service and we're thrilled to hear you had a great experience.

We hope you will visit again soon, Salimbutler. Thanks again.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Great beds. Amazing design. Loved the location. Close to everything. Was easy to hop on the cta and get anywhere we wanted to be. We ate close to the hotel and it felt very sad and easy to walk around even at night. We had a southeast facing "truss" room. Sunsets were worth it!!

• Stayed: March 2014

Hello Pete S.,

Thank you for your recent positive review and for staying with us. We're thrilled you enjoyed yourself and the views from your room. Our unique architecture allows us to take advantage of that. Chicago's sunsets are quite beautiful.

We hope you are able to return again soon. Thanks again, Pete S.