“Close to perfect”

The Godfrey Hotel Chicago
Ranked #50 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Everything from the rooms to the staff to the rooftop bar was fantastic. Room and beds were comfortable with great views of Chicago. Centrally located to fantastic nightlife. I was able to travel easily to my meetings in the Chicagoland area. The only thing I would give advice on is for them to include parking in the checkout process as opposed to having to pay each and every time you leave the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,858)

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed at The Godfrey Hotel in Chicago and really enjoyed the overall experience.

CHECK IN: Joshua was very professional, accommodating, and friendly. He quickly answered any questions I had, including where to go, what to eat, etc. I also asked if he could check for a room with a nice view for me. He was very friendly, he didn't have to do the extra leg work, but he did, with a smile, and I stayed on the 15th floor.

ROOM: The room was spacious and very clean. I can see that the hotel pays attention to detail.

SERVICE: I called for laundry service and someone quickly came to the room and picked up the clothes I had in a bag. ** One criticism I have is that I ordered express service around 12pm (well before the 2:00 pm deadline, to be delivered back to me same day by 6:00 pm), but the next morning at check out, I was told it was never taken from the front desk, even though a gentleman came to my room and picked it up from me. Joshua apologized and it was not a big deal to me that time.

OVERALL: I really enjoyed the stay and I will definitely be looking at The Godfrey on my upcoming Chicago trip.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank PJ B
Jermaine A, General Manager at The Godfrey Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Hello PJ B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so happy to hear Joshua was "professional, accommodating, and friendly" I will be sure to pass on the positive feedback. Thank you for noticing our attention to detail, and we hope to see you again soon. Have a nice day.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I enjoyed my two day stay. It was my boyfriends birthday and the Godfrey ambiance and amazing staff made our days that much better. Can't wait for my next stay.The rooms are spacious, clean and comfy. The 4th floor lounge is amazing with excellent service.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank mzdimples17

Hi mzdimples17,

Thank you for your review after your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay during your boyfriend's birthday, and that you enjoyed your time on the I|O Urban Roofscape on the fourth floor. Thank you again for your review. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

The hotel was fantastic - it's brand new so there were some issues to be worked out. The rooms were very nicely done and beds very comfortable. We went with 2 other couples, and one of their rooms had a malfunctioning toilet. Over the 3 days there I don't believe it ever worked. After multiple attempts to fix it, maintenance asked when they were leaving and said oh we'll have to look at it later. Why didn't they move them to a new room? Unacceptable at a hotel of this price and status.

My biggest complaint is I paid the valet rate to have our vehicle parked. I just received a collections notice for a parking ticket I received while it was valet parked! This is very disturbing to me, is all valet done through public parking? Why did they remove the ticket and throw it away? Is that even legal to do? An e-mail has gone answered, I will be calling in a few days to see how it's handled prior to looking into my legal options.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank GeoCantrell
Jermaine A, General Manager at The Godfrey Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Hello GeoCantrell,

Thank you for your review. We have since resolved the issues regarding the valet parking and this has been taken care of by American Parking Service. Thank you again for your review and for staying with us.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Stayed 4 nights to visit Chicago for our first time. The hotel is beautiful, room comfortable (even if quite noisy) and the location is great. What displeased us the most was the attitude of the staff. At check out they charged us 40 extra dollars for alcoholic beverages from the Minibar which we never touched. They did not apologize and seemed fed up because they had to redo the bill. I would call the staff "rude." I understand it is a new hotel, but for the money you pay you expect a different kind of service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GiacomoTa
Jermaine A, Manager at The Godfrey Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear GiacomoTa,

Thank you for your recent review and for staying with us. We are happy to hear you found our beds comfortable and liked the look of our hotel. Thank you! In terms of our team's customer service, we take great pride in making sure each guest has a pleasant experience with us. We will discuss this with the team as this is of the utmost importance.

Thank you again. Have a great day and I hope you'll stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed on a Wednesday night for business scheduled in Chicago on Thursday. Lets start with the positive...the bed. The bar. The shower. The bad news...that lovely outdoor bar plays very loud music...all night...until 2 am on weekdays. (See previous reviews). It shakes the walls and I could actually hear the song lyrics...and we're talking top 40...lady gaga like grooves! I would recommend insisting on a high level floor if at all possible. The bar is on the 4th floor. I would probably stay again but I'd request to be as far away from that bar as possible. If you want to go to a bar though its very nice! This is a party hotel...but a nice one...with the most comfy beds in all of the land!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mollie B
Jermaine A, Manager at The Godfrey Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Hello Mollie,

Thank you for your recent review and for staying with us while you were in town on business. We're happy to hear you enjoyed our comfortable beds - it is one of my favorite features as well. Our hotel is great for business trips and not just leisure stays - we hope you'll give us a try again and possibly request a different room. We would love to have you again. If you would like to discuss your visit with me in more detail, you're welcome to reach out at 312-374-1822.

Thank you again Mollie.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We were extremely pleased with the Godfrey Hotel. My wife and I stayed one night for a meeting downtown. The room was very clean, tidy and ultra modern. We loved it. We were lucky in getting a great rate. This was our first time staying at the Godfrey and we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Hello Ken C,

Thank you for writing a review, we enjoy hearing feedback from our guests. I am thrilled to hear that you loved your first stay at The Godfrey. I am happy you and your wife enjoyed our modern design and amenities. Thank you again for your review, and we hope to see you again soon. Have a nice day.