The Godfrey Hotel Chicago
The Peninsula Chicago(Chicago)
US$535
US$446
  • Pool
Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$310
US$259
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$234
  • Bar/Lounge
US$254
US$212
  • Restaurant
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$134
  • Pool
The Alise Chicago - A Staypineapple Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$239
US$181
Official Site
  • Room Service
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$104
Kimpton Hotel Allegro(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$180
  • Bar/Lounge
Chicago South Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$240
US$214
TripAdvisor
2,047 results
All reviewsrooftop barfront deskfourth floorgreat hotelriver northmodern hotelwhole foodsenjoyed my staybed was very comfortablegreat roomthe magnificent milefew blocksmichigan avethe loopdolceiokeurig
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Why would they think it was a good idea to put hotel rooms, for people to sleep in, directly on top of a nightclub. PIcture trying to sleep in a frat house with a raging kegger going on right outside your bedroom window. I am here right now. I would ask for a different room, but I am 5 months pregnant and too tired to move, especially after walking in the wrong direction because the diections to the hotel on the website are wrong. It is not a right from Chicago street as stated....it`s a left. At least this is not Buffalo...hopefully the club closes at 2, so I guess I get to sleep after 2?

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank christina_in_wny
Jermaine A, Manager at The Godfrey Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Christina_In_Wny,

Thank you for your recent review and for staying with us. We greatly appreciate the feedback and we'll look into the note about the directions on the website.

Regarding the sound, we do value the importance of a restful night sleep. If you decide to return to our hotel, please contact me directly in advance and I will assist with your accommodations. My direct line is 312-374-1822.

Last and most importantly, congratulations on your little bundle of joy on the way. Best wishes to you.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Everything from the rooms to the staff to the rooftop bar was fantastic. Room and beds were comfortable with great views of Chicago. Centrally located to fantastic nightlife. I was able to travel easily to my meetings in the Chicagoland area. The only thing I would give advice on is for them to include parking in the checkout process as opposed to having to pay each and every time you leave the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed at The Godfrey Hotel in Chicago and really enjoyed the overall experience.

CHECK IN: Joshua was very professional, accommodating, and friendly. He quickly answered any questions I had, including where to go, what to eat, etc. I also asked if he could check for a room with a nice view for me. He was very friendly, he didn't have to do the extra leg work, but he did, with a smile, and I stayed on the 15th floor.

ROOM: The room was spacious and very clean. I can see that the hotel pays attention to detail.

SERVICE: I called for laundry service and someone quickly came to the room and picked up the clothes I had in a bag. ** One criticism I have is that I ordered express service around 12pm (well before the 2:00 pm deadline, to be delivered back to me same day by 6:00 pm), but the next morning at check out, I was told it was never taken from the front desk, even though a gentleman came to my room and picked it up from me. Joshua apologized and it was not a big deal to me that time.

OVERALL: I really enjoyed the stay and I will definitely be looking at The Godfrey on my upcoming Chicago trip.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank PJ B
Jermaine A, General Manager at The Godfrey Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Hello PJ B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so happy to hear Joshua was "professional, accommodating, and friendly" I will be sure to pass on the positive feedback. Thank you for noticing our attention to detail, and we hope to see you again soon. Have a nice day.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I enjoyed my two day stay. It was my boyfriends birthday and the Godfrey ambiance and amazing staff made our days that much better. Can't wait for my next stay.The rooms are spacious, clean and comfy. The 4th floor lounge is amazing with excellent service.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank mzdimples17

Hi mzdimples17,

Thank you for your review after your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay during your boyfriend's birthday, and that you enjoyed your time on the I|O Urban Roofscape on the fourth floor. Thank you again for your review. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

The hotel was fantastic - it's brand new so there were some issues to be worked out. The rooms were very nicely done and beds very comfortable. We went with 2 other couples, and one of their rooms had a malfunctioning toilet. Over the 3 days there I don't believe it ever worked. After multiple attempts to fix it, maintenance asked when they were leaving and said oh we'll have to look at it later. Why didn't they move them to a new room? Unacceptable at a hotel of this price and status.

My biggest complaint is I paid the valet rate to have our vehicle parked. I just received a collections notice for a parking ticket I received while it was valet parked! This is very disturbing to me, is all valet done through public parking? Why did they remove the ticket and throw it away? Is that even legal to do? An e-mail has gone answered, I will be calling in a few days to see how it's handled prior to looking into my legal options.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank GeoCantrell
Jermaine A, General Manager at The Godfrey Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Hello GeoCantrell,

Thank you for your review. We have since resolved the issues regarding the valet parking and this has been taken care of by American Parking Service. Thank you again for your review and for staying with us.