“Great stay in March 2014”

The Godfrey Hotel Chicago
Ranked #46 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Great , rooms, location and staff.. We even had deep dish pizza delivered to the hotel late night about 1 am.... I will definitely return because of the great customer service and the proximity to good shopping.

Room Tip: Park a couple blocks east on Ontario, it's 20.00 bucks per night and much cheaper than the hotel...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kevin G
Jermaine A, Manager at The Godfrey Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for staying with us last March and for your recent review. Sounds like you had a terrific time... and took advantage of all that Chicago offers, including the delicious deep dish pizza.

We hope to see you again soon. Thanks Kevin.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I have stayed at The Godfrey a couple times now and can truly say it is one of my favorite hotels in Chicago. The rooms are contemporary, gorgeous and spacious. The staff was friendly and attentive. When I have out of town visitors it is always on the top of my recommendations of where they should stay. Their lounge IO Urban Roofscape is one my favorite spots to grab a drink and enjoy the view. The design and open layout make it ideal for a setting a great vibe for an evening out. Great selection of cocktails, spirits, beer and food. I have hosted/been a guest at many events there as well. They go above and beyond what is typically expected and find ways to optimize the space to ensure guests have an unforgettable experience. Whether it includes live music, a fashion show or having unique stations dedicated to the food and beverages being served. Always look forward to my stays and visits at The Godfrey. Cheers!

2  Thank pstasiulis
Jermaine A, General Manager at The Godfrey Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Hello pstasiulis,

Thank you for your review. It is such an honor to know that the Godfrey is your "go to hotel in Chicago." I am happy to hear that you enjoy all of the modern amenities the Godfrey has to offer, and that the I|O Urban Roofscape is one of your favorite spots. Thank you again for your review, and I hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed here for a few nights in May 2014 and wow, was this hotel beautiful, classy, clean, modern & overall fantastic!
Our room was super clean upon arrival & refreshed to the same high check-in standard every day! The wifi was Free and speedy & the bathroom was clean with modern fixtures, fluffy towels & bath robe and complimentary L'OCCITANE bath products that were replenished daily.
Our room was on the 15th floor so we had the most spectacular panoramic views of the city from the bathroom & bedroom.
The location was just right & within a short walk to the main sights & the shopping mall (Water a Tower) and Michigan ave. plus right around the corner from the great foody delight Gino's East pizza and there is a Portillo's & Al's Beef across the road!
The staff were all very well presented, extremely friendly and so helpful, especially Jose who was so helpful with hints & tips on where to go & even booked us up for the architecture tour! (A definite must do!!)
Whilst we didn't eat at the IO Urban Roofscape bar, we did enjoy a drink before heading out to dinner. The decor & atmosphere was classy & sophisticated.
I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel! Would stay here any day!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello SunSeaker72,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a through review. I am glad you enjoyed all of the modern amenities we offer such as the complimentary wifi, and that you enjoyed the view from your room. I will be sure to pass on the positive feedback to Jose. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is still new so it is beautiful, the neighborhood is happening , staff was fantastic and very helpful. Rooms clean , bright ,very nice beds! my wife wanted to take it home with us. Short walk to everything!!! Highly recommend this hotel..,.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul F
Jermaine A, Manager at The Godfrey Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Paul F,

Thank you for your recent positive review and for staying with us. We're thrilled to learn you would highly recommend us and had an excellent time while traveling to Chicago.

We hope to see you again soon, Paul.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Neat, Spacious Rooms, and for the young heart. Impressive hotel. will definitely stay there anytime i visit Chicago. Splendid architecture. Free fast wifi with a trendy IO urban Roofscape bar with a wonderful view.

Hi Atabong J,

Thank you for your review. Thank you for noticing our modern design and complementary amenities that we offer such as free wi-fi throughout the hotel. hope to see you in Chicago soon. Thank you again for your review. Have a nice day.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed here one night with my daughter for a quick shopping trip into the city, it was a last minute booking so I got a great deal and I'm glad I found it because I will definitely return. It's within walking distance of great mag mile shopping and eating. Check in was quick and painless, the room was decorated nicely, kind of smallish but not at all cramped. I wasn't aware of the lounge in the hotel prior to arrival but I spent some time there during the evening and it was enjoyable. This hotel basically had everything i needed and wanted and I will return. In fact, I have already to the lounge but I plan to return for a stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear LoveRonni,

Thank you for your recent review - we're thrilled you and your daughter had a great stay while in Chicago on a shopping trip.

We glad you even have returned again to IO Urban Roofscape and look forward to welcoming you back to The Godfrey Hotel. Thanks again.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I picked The Godfrey because it was available through an Orbitz package that worked in terms of times and location for a last minute business trip. Modern and chic décor, pristinely clean room, wonderful views, charming and helpful staff. Walked to Navy Pier one morning, enjoyed the IO Lounge one evening, just a lovely and restful stay all around.

Would recommend for business or couples particularly, not really where I'd bring the kids. (white duvets + children = terrible idea!)

The only thing I would ask to be different would be to be permitted to use the restaurant deck area even if I'm not eating at the restaurant. At 6:00 a.m. I wasn't permitted to drink my Dunkin' Donuts coffee on the deck because it wasn't from the restaurant. I sort of understand this, but at off hours, I don't see why staff couldn't let it slide.

Room Tip: East side rooms look toward the lake, but I don't know if you can see it from the building. West...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Jermaine A, General Manager at The Godfrey Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Hello LKB64,

Thank you for writing a review. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time here on your business trip, and had a chance to experience I|O Urban Roofscape. I happy to see that you took advantage of our location in the trendy River North area, and had a "lovely and restful stay." Thank you for the feedback on the I|O Urban Roofscape, we truly appreciate feedback from out guests. Thank you again for writing a review.