The Godfrey Hotel Chicago
Hotel Felix(Chicago)
  • Pool
  • Pool
2,052 results
All reviewsrooftop barfront deskfourth floorgreat hotelriver northmodern hotelwhole foodsenjoyed my staybed was very comfortablegreat roomthe magnificent milefew blocksmichigan avethe loopdolceiokeurig
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Lets start by our arrival, the valet personnel hardly spoke English, not a bad thing but their first words were to make sure I took all valuables out of my vehicle for my safety..now I know common sense would tell anyone that but when I go stay at the Four Seasons or the JW Marriott they don't have to tell me that because I know and they know they will provide a safe haven for my belongings..just kind of eery..so we proceed to the lobby where we are greeted by two less than friendly ladies at the front desk..all the while club music is banging through out the hotel. right...if I were 25 I'd think it was cool but since I'm 42 and I had my 3 kids with me I was a little taken back. So then we get to our room in the 7th floor a suite mind you...wow if that's a suite I'm confused really small...so then comes the part where I wished I'd read some reviews before I chose this hotel...the roof top bar...should have deduced when the overly kind staff member checked me in proceeded to inform me that it was open until 3 am...with a smile on her face of course...:)...the bar was open until 3 and I'm quite sure my entire family knows all its patrons a little better now.seeing that we heard just about everything they said from 10-3 ...and I;m now well versed in all of Pitbull's music...wow...I guess the hotel is and experience for younger folks but at 450 a night and 55 for valet not sure how many young folks can afford that...but they do get into the club!! In summation, if you are older than 35, married, or have children you probably will not enjoy this hotel. ...

Room Tip: highest floor you can get
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Hoosiers94
Jermaine A, Manager at The Godfrey Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Hoosiers94,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us. We take all feedback into careful consideration and we appreciate your candid remarks. In terms of the noise from the bar, we have soundproofing on the floors as to not disrupt our guests. We certainly do appreciate your feedback and will pass it along as well. Regarding the team members, we will address this with the front desk and conduct remedial training as appropriate.

I am always happy to discuss your stay in more detail with you. I can be reached directly at 312-374-1822. Thank you again, Hoosiers94.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at The Godfrey Hotel in July of this year. The front desk staff was extremely courteous, the hotel rooms were like little suites. After a long day's work, the room felt very welcoming. Decor was great, and the room was very well put together. The restaurant in the hotel had a magnificent view, and the food was delicious. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Hello Sean,

Thank you for your recent review and for staying with us. We're happy to hear you had a great time while in town from Texas and that you'd return again. We appreciate your kind words about our chic decor and that you found our rooms to be spacious.

We hope to see you again soon, Sean.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

The majority of tips for this hotel instruct you to stay on a high floor with good reason and I'll get to that in a minute.

This hotel has everything - great location for business or pleasure. It's very easy to get to some of Chicago's popular neighborhoods or tourist traps. Great dining in any direction as well. The staff was friendly and helpful upon check in and the rooms are modern, clean, spacious. I was most pleased with the bathroom as it would be more than comfortable for two people to share.

So why only two stars? Well, the hotel turns into a nightmare as it caters to the nightclub on the fourth floor. A line down the block, drunk patrons milling about near the entrance and in the lobby. Security does its best to keep them corralled, but it can get messy at times. The club is on the fourth floor and any room within 4 floors of the club - which has a large, outdoor area - well, you are not going to get any sleep. Also, the doors to the rooms have large gaps under them and a large tiled entryway. So between the loud thumping music booming to the windows and the drunks laughing and falling on their way to their rooms, it was not a pleasant evening and I decided not to stay another night. Upon check-out, I was asked how everything was and I replied "Lousy." Her response was "Great." Obviously not paying attention to me and after I finished up checking out with no eye contact, I repeated myself - "You asked me how my stay was and I said 'lousy.' You responded with 'Great' and I thought that was kind of odd." She apologized and said she thought I said "Lovely." Yet she did not go on to ask why my stay was so bad.

So here it is. If you are into clubbing and love lots of noise, it's a great place to stay on the weekends.

If you want to get a decent night sleep during the week, I would call first and find out when the nightclub is open and if rooms are available away from the elevator and on the opposite side of the club.

Room Tip: The nightclub on the 4th floor is extremely loud and the entry doors to the rooms have large gaps under them. You need to get a high floor on the opposite side of the hotel from the club and away from the elevators. Anything near the club or elevators and you will not get a good night sleep.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank DanChicagoUSA

Dear TripTag_app,

Thank you for your recent review and for staying with us. We do appreciate your kind words about our "amazing" hotel and your positive notes about our convenient location. Regarding the noise/sound, we do appreciate your feedback as we value a restful night sleep. We certainly would not want anyone to have a lousy stay and importantly, I would be happy to discuss this further with you and you're welcome to call me directly at 312-374-1822.

Thank you again, TripTag_app.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Modern hotel in River North. Easy walk to river walk and miracle mile shopping. Scores of restaurants nearby. Very helpful curb service. King room spacious with a great bed, and large shower. Only negatives room doors are noisy when they close and the elevators beep loudly when it reaches a floor.

Room Tip: High floor away from elevator
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Markyz,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us. We're happy to hear you had a great time and you were able to take advantage of our convenient location in Chicago's River North neighborhood. We're also happy you found our rooms to be spacious with a comfortable bed and large shower.

We hope to see you again soon.

Thanks Markyz.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

The Godfrey Hotel in Chicago has to be one of the best places to stay in the whole city! Looking for a great day time place to enjoy some cocktails and over look Chicago? Well look no further than LaSalle and Huron because you won't find anything close to this! The I|O Roofscape has no only the daytime environment one can enjoy some fantastic premium cocktails but, the lounge turns up the energy at night with bottle service and an atmosphere you won't find anywhere else in the Midwest! Visiting Chicago? Stay at the Godfrey and enjoy all the pleasures of Chicago in walking distance!

Room Tip: Any room will bring you the greatest comfort and outstanding service you're looking for!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Dear Scott G,

Thank you for your excellent review and for staying with us. We're thrilled you had a great time and found us the best in the Midwest. We certainly aim to make every guest experience pleasant and comfortable and we're happy you had a wonderful stay. We're also happy you were able to check out IO Urban Roofscape, the rooftop lounge on our fourth floor.

We hope to see you again soon, Scott. Thank you again.