“Dynamite”

Dining options: Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dynamite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

This place was delicious. I had a wonderful egg sandwich and it was perfect size with a nice portion of potatoes. We finished with a donut dessert and the coffee was perfectly strong. Check it out.

Visited November 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Great new addition to the Chicago dining scent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

Had a great dinner with friends tonight at this W. Addison St. restaurant that just opened in June. The owner/chef Enoch Simpson was so nice to spend time with us and the service was really excellent. Loved the fact that it is BYOB so the total cost was very reasonable. The decor is warm and casual. The menu changes often, but really liked the vegetable tart, the while cornmeal pasta with peach glazed pork carnitas and roasted corn and the salt-roasted beets. For entrees the lake trout with polenta cake, piperade, sunflower sprouts and almonds was excellent. My friends also like the flap steak and the smoked chicken pot pie.
I highly recommend this new spot. Chicago Magazine just rated it one of the top new finds for September!

• Visited September 2013
Olathe, Kansas
“Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

This was great food, great prices. The ingredients are fresh, and that makes all the difference. It is a small menu, but the things we tried were wonderful. Flat Steak, Fried Chicken, Biscuits w/ homemade preserves.

Visited September 2013
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

I went to Engrain today after months of waiting for it to open. Fabulous write up in the Trib. I was disappointed by the limited menu, the lack of meatless options and the mediocrity of what we ordered.
To begin, we were surprised by the decor. It's a bit odd to feature taxidermy in 2013. I thought that endgrain referred to grain in bread, not the texture at the end of a piece of wood.
The menu choices sounded more interesting than they were. Overall, it was a disappointing experience and I don't know as I'll be going back any time soon.

• Visited August 2013
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
“Just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

Ate here with some friends for brunch this weekend. Food was good, but not outstanding, and was overpriced for the size of the serving. Service was slow. Had to ask for cream for my coffee and I believe it should be offered when ordering. The restaurant was very clean. Many people in the restaurant seemed pleased. Personally, I won't be back.

• Visited July 2013