“Wow”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown / The Loop
Cross street: One Block East of Columbus
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We were initially surprised by the prices but went ahead with dinner. The staff and the food were top notch. I'm not sure I can say they were worth the price but they were very good.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

The thing that bothered me most was charging $49 (their cheapest bottle) for a bottle of wine that we drink at home for $10. I expect a 2 or 2.5 time markup in a restaurant but this was over the top.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Went with a very large group on a reservation basis after a business conference. Our menu was pre-selected which offered only a couple choices. I had the salmon with fresh vegetables while many had the steak. Food and service was excellent. Loved the decor. Will come again in a smaller, private group to experience the whole menu which looked impressive.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

The caricatures are strange for a high-end eatery, but the food was fantastic. I asked a couple of locals where to go for steak, given all the offerings in the city. The Palm was suggested more than once, we gave it a shot. Service was top-notch, our apps and meals were perfect. I got the 18oz sirloin, my wife and daughter got filets. They were seasoned and cooked to perfection. Don't let the fact that they are located in a hotel deter you.

1  Thank Rob B
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Landed in Chicago late Sunday afternoon for a conference. Took the path of least resistance for dinner and ate in the hotel restaurant. Ordered the veal Marsala based on a childhood memory. The bread basket had a variety of good bread and the veal was very good. What prompted me to write this review was the excellent service we received from Janet. She is worth her wait in gold. She put us at ease, we didn't feel rushed. She was cheerful and upbeat. Her positive attitude was infectious and she was that way with each and every guest. A bit pricy.

1  Thank JewelGuelph

Been to The Palm Chicago? Share your experiences!