“Great stay”

Ranked #8 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
Stratford, Connecticut
“Great stay”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for his birthday and it was our first time in Chicago. I actually originally booked a different hotel then saw this one was having a "buy 2 nights get one free" special. It was perfect because we were staying 3 nights. I looked at a bunch of reviews online which made me feel super confident about my switch. I was happy we switched. What a great stay, we checked in early, at 11:30 and the room was ready. I requested a corner room, but wasn't available the day I checked in. They ended up switching us the second day. Both rooms were beautiful, location was PERFECT. Workers were helpful and friendly. The only downside for me was that there was not any coffee in the room and my boyfriend wanted a pool. Everything else was exceptional.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 January 2014

This was a lovely, clean and stylish hotel. Our room including bathroom was very spacious. The Thompson Chicago had only been open for 3 months at the time of writing this review. Would definitely stay here again and recommend to others.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 1601.

1 Thank Rendean
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 January 2014

It was modern, fresh and new. I loved my stay. The decor was youthful and fun. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. I had a wonderful view and my bed was perfect. I adore the bathroom. My shower was heavenly. I do wish that I didn't have to go downstairs for coffee, however is was a great opportunity to look at the beautiful lobby again. Lookin forward to visiting again soon

• Stayed January 2014
Wheatfield
Reviewed 27 January 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed one night for a quick trip in the city. The staff treated us like we were regulars and made us feel very comfortable. The hotel is beautiful, the rooms clean and luxurious, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Would definitely stay there again.

Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I have always struggled with finding a home hotel in Chicago - my search is over. The Thompson is in the perfect location - at the corner of Rush and Bellevue. Across the street from Gibson's and all the shopping.

I upgraded to a Jr. Suite which is a corner room overlooking Rush Street. The room was beautiful and well appointed. The shower was great and the sitting room was perfect.

Aside from the beautiful room and perfect location, the staff was beyond friendly and helpful. Be sure to take advantage of the car service offered at the hotel. I have not one negative thing to report. I travel often, 75 - 80 nights a year and I am looking forward to my return trip to the Thompson!

Room Tip: Upgrading is worth it as you will get a corner room with a sitting room and two walls of windows
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Dcoyle99
Ferguson, Missouri
Reviewed 24 January 2014

This hotel is so amazing, it's almost a sin! Tasteful decor with views to die for. When you make reservations ask for a corner room on a high floor with lake and city views. The staff here is extremely attentive and guest centric. We found this hotel highly rated on tripadvisor.com and would agree with all the POSITIVE reviews...I wish we could stay longer than two nights. Thanks again all reviewers on tripadvisor.com for leading us in the right direction...again.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Midwest Physic... G
Solvang, California
Reviewed 24 January 2014

The Thompson was a great location and experience during our recent visit to Chicago! We will definitely return on our next visit. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Nico Osteria. The meal was fantastic!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business