“A perfect stay.”

Ranked #8 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
Rock Island, Illinois
“A perfect stay.”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

My stay at the Thompson Chicago was nothing short of excellent. From the moment I walked in, I enjoyed the "feel" of it, as it felt a bit, I don't know, more "hip" than other places I've stayed. The bar and restaurant downstairs were phenomenal, but very packed. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, and the concierge was incredibly knowledgeable of the local restaurants, steering me to one of the best meals I've had in my life. The local area is packed with great places for food and drink, and it's not far from shopping, should that be your kind of thing. The room was excellent, and while the wireless internet (which was free) seemed a bit finicky, it was at least uncomplicated to connect to. Would I stay again? The real question is, the next time I visit Chicago, why would I stay anywhere else?

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 3 February 2014

My wife and I were in from out of town. We were looking for somewhere with a great location and a great price for my birthday. The staff was very kind and helpful for when we needed ideas to visit. We are always concerned with the cleanliness of rooms when we stay at hotels and I will have to say this was one of the cleanest rooms we have been in.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I spent one evening at the Thompson Chicago to celebrate my birthday. I loved all the English styled furnishings. The location was incredible. Restaurants and shops all within walking distance. On a very cold January evening , it was very important. Loved the breakfast at the hotel restaurant.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Washington, Michigan
Reviewed 3 February 2014

So glad we picked the Thompson for our hotel. Great location, and all kinds of fabulousness! The rooms where very clean, big and comfortable. The bathroom was awesome I'm a sucker for a rain shower head so I was in my glory. We ate at the hotel restaurant witch was amazing and hoppin. There was all kinds of fashionable fabulous people to watch. The bar that is attached to the restaurant was just as busy. great place for singles and couples. The location couldn't be more perfect right in the heart of shopping bars and restaurants. We didn't have to take a cab all weekend we could walk where ever we wanted to be it was great! Will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the standard king rooms it was perfect for us great bed great bathroom
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 3 February 2014

This is one style-ish yet very homey hotel. I loved the bathrooms...have a rain shower head that comes from directly overhead. The service was excellent as well. My only regret is that I was not able to try out Nico, the hot hot restaurant in the hotel. Next time!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Both my husband and I thought this was our best stay in downtown Chicago ever! Very welcoming, friendly, attentive employees from the front desk, bellman, car attendant, restaurant and bar employees. We were very impressed! We were celebrating our anniversary and they even had chocolate covered strawberries and a congratulations note waiting for us in the room. Tastefully decorated in modern style -- we loved everything about this hotel!

Room Tip: We stayed in a deluxe room with a view of the lakefront -- awesome view!

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We chose this location because our daughter lives in the Gold Coast and loved how close it was to her apartment. We went to celebrate her birthday and had dinner across the street at Gibson's (YUMMY!) Dan (the Eagle Scout) was very attentive and friendly! It was very clean and all the employee's were very helpful. I would have either liked the coffee/tea station to stay open until 11:00 a.m. or have small coffee makers up in the room. Overall, a great experience and we will stay at the Thompson Chicago again in the near future!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family