“Bar, Restaurant, Concert Venue”
Review of Schubas Tavern

Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Lakeview
Cross street: Southport & Belmont
Transit: Schubas address is 3159 N Southport, the corner of Belmont & Southport, in Chicago, Illinois. Via public transportation, we are within walking distance of the Belmont Red/Purple/Brown line L train stop, as well as the #77 Belmont bus stop at Southport.
Description: Longstanding venue for live music with full bar. New Tied House restaurant to open in 2017!
Reviewed 12 November 2012

One of my favorite places to catch a show in Chicago, great intimate concert venue. Also, great food in the restaurant, the mac and cheese is amazing! Friendly helpful bar staff and door staff make it an enjoyable experience all around.

Reviewed 11 October 2012

My wife and I attended the Virtue Cider & Harmony Grill special Food & Cider dinner on Oct. 10th.

The evening began with an unbelievable cocktail made of RedStreak Cider, Domaine Carneros Champagne, Orchard Cherry Liquor and Cherry Bark Vanilla Bitters. That was the start. The following five courses that included RedStreak Cider, a drink made of cider that tasted like a Mojito, a Lapinette (French for rabbit) cider, Gold Rush Cider and a final drink made of Lapinette cider, Cabin Fever Maple Whiskey and autumn spices. The meal included a smoked pork & apple sausage, a braised beet salad, mushroom ragout over quinoa, seared duck breast over a root purée and waffle & pear pudding with a pomegranate reduction.

I just went into the menu to share what we experienced. For those not used to alcoholic ciders, the experience of tasting them in such a setting will change your mind. Schuba's was the ideal mating of cider tastes with the pallet pleasing dishes. RedStreak Cider, from Virtue Cider of Chicago, not only pairs with the menu selected, but also blends well with other mixes to add an excellent taste. The food selection was excellent, and Schuba's staff did an outstanding job in presentation and preparation of the meal considering the number of guests that where served.

An outstanding presentation of Virtue Cider combined with gourmet food from Schuba's.

Virtue Cider is a new startup venture started by the former brewmaster, Gregory Hall, of Goose Island. Virtue Cider of Chicago will be a name to look for now and be remembered in the future.

I would highly recommend both.

Reviewed 5 October 2012

This place is a bar and restaurant. We went to watch a concert there but we didn´t get a chance to eat beforehand so we ate there. OMG! What a delicious accident! The mac and cheese is to die for and the apple chicken sandwich was amazing. Add this to your bar rotation!

Reviewed 17 June 2012

We went with a group of 9 to Schubas before a concert, on a Friday night. I was surprised how empty the place was. The food was fine, I had tacos, which were not on the menu and I enjoyed it. I will go to Schubas again

Reviewed 18 February 2010

Went Tuesday night to see Scott Miller at Schubas. Decided upon leaving our hotel that we'd just grab something to eat when we arrived. Good decision! My mac'n'cheese was great, Schlitz on tap served in a pilsner glass was a nice touch & it's a great looking place.

Been to Schubas Tavern? Share your experiences!