“You must go here!”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Lakeview
Description: Flat Top Grill, the pioneers of the create-your-own meal concept, offers a variety of vegan, vegetarian, allergy-friendly and meat protein options. You can package fresh, hand-picked ingredients to create your own burritos, soups, lettuce wraps, Roti tacos, stuffed sandwiches or traditional bowls. All military veterans and active service members receive 25% off their entire bill always and kids eat free every Monday!
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You must go here!”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Everything right from the first was great! The service was fantastic and the meal was amazing. I have Celiac and a lot of allergies such as milk, eggs and corn. Therefore, it can be hard for me to find a gluten free meal that is good. This was fantastic! They had so many different options for sauces on the stir fry. They also made mine in a separate frying pan and were very cautious. They also double checked everything for me and made sure they were not offering me something I couldn't have. The service was great, the food was fantastic. I definitely recommend this place for anyone who is gluten free for sure!

• Visited October 2013

Duluth, Minnesota
“I loved eating here”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

This was an unexpected surprise as we didn't know where we were going to end up for lunch it was our first time taking a hike around the city. There are a few locations in Chicago. This was a fantastic value and we actually went twice on our holiday. When you are seated you are given an empty bowl and there are a couple options but we decided on the 9.99 bowl. The 11.99 bowl allowed you for refills but no one in our party would have been able to go up for seconds. You are brought to the buffet line and you get to decide on a huge assortment of vegetables, rice, noodles. There are many sauces to choose from and then you get to select from the meat that you want in your stir fry and that goes in a separate bowl. It is given to the cook and he stir fries it all up for you and brings it back to the table where you are already seated. I love that you can make your meal as healthy as you want. The flavor was fantastic, when I went back the 2nd time I was a little more adventurous and added the flatbread which is great. Give it a try, I don't think you will be disappointed.

• Visited July 2013
Aurora, Illinois
“Love it!”
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Food is great - buffet is definitely the way to go! (Add the flatbread...it's really good!) The flavored lemonades are really tasty too.

Visited August 2012
Cambridge, Ohio
“Change of pace meal before a show”
Reviewed 4 February 2012

I've been to 'build your own' stir fry places, but most have a fast food feel. This is a great corner place to hang out and have great food. The choices and options are better, too.

Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
“Fun food at great prices. Avoid if you don't like to make decisions.”
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Tasty, healthy (well, stir-fried healthy) multitude of combinations. Made up a pad thai bowl with pho-(as in phoney vegan chicken) real chicken and peanuts. Two sauces and some bread. Fun place to eat. The more people you have -- family or friends. Seems complicated at first, but really quite simple. Antonio, our waiter, talked us through it and then was around to help with choices. Oh, did I say it's cheap as chips! Great concept and three or four other locations around town.

• Visited December 2011