“Great for the semi-adventurous. But read the labels. Just because something LOOKs like chicken...doesn't mean that it...”
Review of Garden Buffet Restaurant - CLOSED

Neighbourhood: Lincoln Square
Neighbourhood: Lincoln Square
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 4 January 2008

Great for the semi-adventurous. But read the labels. Just because something LOOKs like chicken...doesn't mean that it IS chicken.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

A TripAdvisor Member
“What a ripoff!!! $18.99 for lunch?! Sheesh!”
Reviewed 14 November 2004

I got a flyer in the mail from this spot and the flyer mentioned $6.99 Lunch Buffet and the time they are open, which is 7 days from 11:30am to 11pm. Now you would assume that the $6.99 lunch buffet would be for everyday at $6.99 since they mentioned they are open 7 days a week. So after we finished our lunch, we went to pay the bill and to my surprise it came out to a little bit less than $45. I asked the cashier, who I presume would also be the owner, I thought the lunch buffet was $6.99??? The owner of the place went off like a crazy lunatic, I could not understand a word she was saying. So I got out of there after paying a hefty $45 for a lunch buffet for 2. Not too mentioned, their tax is 10%. Is this place for real?? Maybe since they are Korean aunthentic, they still follow Korean Taxes as well. Last time I checked Mayor Daley has not approved the increase of tax from 8.75 to 10%.

The buffet selections are nothing to special, the meat selections are outweight by the vegetables and the god awful "KimChee". The waitress serve a half full glass of somekind of tea, and that was it, we were to get our own drink and no more napkins. The sushi bar contains of 3 type of so called "sushi", that looked more like crappy. There was no way for us to control the heat on our burner.

I could go on and on about my bad experience in this dump and I will end it here.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member