“A Mystery!”

Uncle Julio's Hacienda
Reserve with OpenTable
Uncle Julio's Hacienda is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #965 of 9,668 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Chicago
“A Mystery!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

How can a restaurant with such poor service, such below average food, and such deafening noise be jam-packed with people who seem to want to be there? Any fans of good Mexican food, Margaritas, or even canned Tecate - will find the existence of Uncle Julio's a mystery.

Went with a group of five - got very poor service, sloppily made drinks, barely okay food, and couldn't hear each other talk without raising our voices.

The table side Guacamole was okay. Sad it is served with such flimsy chips.

Not recommended!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank John K

“Still a favourite”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

My daughter, home from college wanted to visit uncle julio's for a birthday lunch. We've been to restaurant several times before and this time was no different. Chips and salsa are great, my favorite are the butterfly shrimp and beef enchilada, which l combine into one dish, with onion, peppers, and alittle sour cream, delicious, delicious. My kids enjoy the fajitas. So l guess we'll be back for some other occasion down the road.

Chicago, Illinois
“Average Mexican”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Truly an average meal, They have a big room, but their habit is not to space out the diners. This limits conversation and adds to noise.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank BigVChicago
Chicago, United States
“Reliable Mexican Food”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I've gone to Uncle Julio's in Lincoln Park for years. The chips and salsa are always great. I could go for these with a margarita. The Aunt Juanita's platter is my favorite. You wont leave hungry.

• Visited April 2014
“A really good group outing”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

I was here as part of a corporate group in town on business. We were brought to Uncle Julios and I didn't know what to expect. It was a good time with good margaritas and some really tasty food. Since we were part of a large group the food was pre ordered with a platter of chicken and steak for fajitas and some ribs and shrimp. The chicken and steak was good and the ribs were really good. I ate much more than I should have. Oh, and the Uncle Julio's margarita is delicious. I had 3 just to make sure!