“Value for the price”

Star of Siam
Ranked #271 of 9,882 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Near North Side
Description: Star of Siam serves healthy, delicious, great value food. Star of Siam is the best choice for anyone who loves Thai food. Menu highlights include Padthai Noodles, Cashew Chicken, Tomyum (hot & sour lemongrass soup), Satay with signature peanut sauce and cucumber salad, and authentic tasty curries. Star of Siam is a convenient place to escape from the bustle of downtown.
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We love Thai food, and try restaurants all over that offer Thai. This place is well located near the Mag Mile, offers a good variety of authentic Thai food for a very reasonable price. We managed to beat the rush on a Saturday night, so had minimal wait. Waiters were busy, so attention was not excessive, but not missing, either. While we enjoyed our meal, it was not really remarkable, so dropped a star.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I loved this place. I loved the way the guests are seated at tables with their legs in a hole so one thinks they are sitting on the floor. The food was very taasty and the service very ceremonial. I will definately try to go their as often as I can when i am in the area

Reviewed 10 March 2014

This is the best Thai food I have ever had. The service was prompt and professional. The Thai ice tea wasn't the best I've had but was still very good. The seating in the restaurant was really cool. Value was really good. I was shocked by how reasonable the prices were for downtown Chicago. It was cheaper and better that some of the Thai places in Madison and Milwaukee I have ben too.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

This place offers very good Thai food at good prices in a comfortable, nicely done interior. I was staying on the Mag Mile and saw this place on a TripAdvisor search looking for a place for lunch. It was easy to find on E. Illinois as it sported a nice brick exterior. The interior was even nicer with appropriate décor in a very comfortable atmosphere. I especially liked the hat collection displayed on one of the main beams in the middle of the floor. The menu offered some tempting options. I started with the shrimp egg rolls which were quite large, crispy and very tasty. For my main, I had the ginger chicken, which was excellent. The taste was very good with plenty of meat and a very nice sauce. The service was excellent during my entire visit. The prices were also very reasonable considering it was downtown Chicago. If you are on the Mag Mile around Illinois St., I recommend giving this place a try.

Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Apps are wonderful! Very flavorful. Since becoming a vegan have tried many Thai restaurants and this is by far the best! So delicious