“Overcrowded dive bar, not worth it”

No photo provided
Cuisines: American
Neighbourhood: Near North Side
Neighbourhood: Near North Side
New York City, New York
“Overcrowded dive bar, not worth it”
Reviewed 22 May 2013

It's a dive bar with semi-surly bartenders who don't seem to take kindly to anyone but their local cronies. It's a karaoke joint so some of our group wanted to get drunk and sing some tunes, unfortunately we had trouble with both those options. The place is TINY and packed with college bimbos in slutty outfits and/or regulars. If you happen to fall into one of those two groups you may stand a chance at getting a drink or getting called up to sing but otherwise forget about it. We left because it was no fun.

• Visited August 2012

Huntsville
“OK for locals”
Reviewed 27 December 2012

I dropped by the Blue Frog after reading reviews raving about the fun and games. I was disappointed upon entering to see one table of friends playing a lively game and one local sitting at the bar. So I ordered a martini which is why I went there in the first place. The local at the bar and the bar tender were very nice! I pulled out a map as I was planning my route to various tourist locations and everyone there was very eager to help.
I think if I were a resident in the area this would be a regular low-key place to hang out. It seemed very comfortable. I don’t feel it is for tourists unless traveling with a group of friends.

Visited December 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“nice cheap eats”
Reviewed 21 November 2012

sports bar but the portions were large and the food was good and prices great plenty of televisions and good view from most seating

• Visited November 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Great Nook”
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Blue Frog had wonderful staff that were very attentive, the environment was very laid back (a Tues. night around 6 or 7), and the food...OMG the food! We had the best mac 'n' cheese and jalapeno bites we've ever had, and if you're looking for a burger, well let me tell you, it is insanely hard to choose just one! They are all unique and original and sound fantastic! You really can't go wrong here!

Visited August 2012
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Went to Gibson first but they had a 2 hour wait, went next door to Hugo's where you can order from their Gibson's menu and had a great meal!

Visited December 2011