“Great Food, Great Beer, Great Patiio”
Review of Duke of Perth

Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Lakeview
Reviewed 7 July 2013

This bar was recommended to us. Glad we took his advice. The Wee Heavy Beer was one of the best beers I have ever had. The all you can eat fish and chips on Friday night was delicious and served in a very timely mannerr. We were able to sit outside on the patio (about a 10 minute wait) and enjoyed a great evening. We also enjoyed watching the bartender pour his scotch like a pro. Great place. Nothing fancy, but food and beer were outstanding. Highly recommend it. Were able to walk to the Laugh Factory from there to see a great show!

1  Thank MrsVandy

Reviewed 25 May 2013

I've been going to the Duke of Perth since the early 1990s. Its a great place to go and get some fish and chips after a Cubs game. The menu expanded a bit in the last 5 years but it still delivers the best fish and chips in the USA IMHO. The whisky menu is wonderful and they have Bellhaven on tap. I wish I could have a tranporter device that would beam me into their outdoor dining area in summer time.

1  Thank Ian W
Reviewed 19 April 2013

As a Scottish/Irish lass myself, I was searching the area around our hotel looking for a nice place to spend our last night in Chicago. I found this Scottish pub in my search and was very intrigued. I checked out the menu, specials, and the reviews. WOW...we just had to check it out! We were warmly welcomed by our server, Alexis, who really made us feel like we've been going there for years! We learned about ale's and lager's and some of the homeland favorites. We happened in on a Wednesday evening, all you can eat Fish & Chips. I must say, this was the best Fish & Chips I have ever had by far! I highly recommend if you are in the neighborhood, stop by because you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank cntrygrl127
Reviewed 27 February 2013 via mobile

Friendly atmosphere with a diverse clientele and great fish and chips and burgers; also the typical Scottish/English dishes. An original kind of place - not a chain pretender. Support the independents! Also a charming outdoor eating area weather permitting.

Reviewed 19 February 2013

On a recent week-end, my husband and I were staying near Duke of Perth, so we walked over and had an early dinner there about 5:00 PM on a Saturday night. My husband ordered a medium dark beer, Belhaven Wee Heavy, and I had the Belhaven Twisted Thistle, which was very good. I really liked it and should have stuck with it, but I decided to try the Belhaven Scottish Lager, which was good. However, I liked the Twisted Thistle much better, which was a pale ale. They offer several beer choices on tap and in bottles, as well as Dry Blackthorn Hard Cider on tap. We both ordered the fish 'n chips for our dinner, and it was as good as I remember it. They have all you can eat on Wednesday and Friday nights, but honestly, the portion of two large pieces of fish was as much as we both could eat. The fish 'n chips are accompanied by very fresh looking peas, which my husband loves! He ate mine, as well, because I'm not a fan of peas, but I have to admit I tasted them, and they did taste fresh. Our waiter was friendly, and we would definitely go back! Hopefully, it won't take us so long between visits next time we go....glad we were staying nearby.