“Mediocre at Best”

Ranked #70 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Plover, Wi
“Mediocre at Best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2010

Traveling with friends for shopping and a show. The location is Great, but that is the best I can say. The rooms are very average, hallway carpet is stained and buckled in many places. Couch and carpet in the room were also both stained. We had 2 rooms each with 2 people. One room had one nice fluffy robe and a throw, the other room had none. Upon leaving we called 10 minutes ahead ahead for our car, as instructed. We came down, the bell man asked if we needed a cab, we told him we were waiting for our car. we waited 20 minutes, with him standing right there at the bell stand, then he disappeared. we went inside to ask and the receptionist told us she forget to tell him to get it, and he was busy, so we would have to wait. She apologized, we waited another 20 minutes, the manager asked if we were being helped, we explained our situation at which point the bell man came up and said he was busy and very rudely told us he would go get and was mumbling about us as he left-very bad customer service-given it was their mistake. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
FPbSPaul, Director of Operations at AC Hotel Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, 24 April 2010
Dear meier5,
Thank you for sharing with us some of your experiences from your recent stay here at the Four Points. I am truly sorry we had let you down, as it is our goal to meet or exceed the honest expectations of our guests. I assure you, the experiences and conditions you describe are not typical of the level of service we strive to provide to our guests, and I promise we will try harder as a result. We hope we will see you again in the very near future. Sincerely,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Turkish first
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2010

We came to Chicago for an American Girl trip and stayed here (we didn't get the hotel AG package). The hotel was very nice, clean and conveniently located to where we wanted to go. The staff was very nice except housekeeping was very pushy. They didn't get to our room until about 2pm the first day of our stay to tidy up, and that evening when we requested more pillows they brought them, but tried to convince us to use the couch cushions instead (how these would have been comfortable I have no idea). The housekeeper actually tried to walk past my sister into the room, and my sister stopped her explaining we were all in our pajamas and didn't really want visitors. The pillows weren't supportive, so you did need more than one to be comfortable. Maybe they had a shortage? Also, they mentioned complimentary appetizers in the hotel lounge between 5pm-8pm but when we went down there weren't any to be found. The pool is a great depth for kids and my daughter really enjoyed it. Overall, a good stay.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
FPbSPaul, Director of Operations at AC Hotel Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, 17 April 2010
Dear Traveler75Michigan,
Thank you for sharing your experiences with us, both the good and not so good. My apologies to you and your party over the pillow misunderstanding. Rest assured, our Housekeeping Mgr is getting to the bottom of this one.
Thank you again for the great words. We hope we'll see you again soon. Sincerely,
Danvers,IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2010

My sister and I stayed at this Four Points in March. It was very conveniently located. Close to shopping and restaurants. E'leaven Bakery is attached to the hotel. It had a very delicious and affordable breakfast. We got a great rate on Travelzoo that included self parking. Parking garage is enclosed and attached to the hotel. We were able to leave our car in the garage until 6 pm on the day we checked out which was very convenient. We left our bags in our car after we checked out and were still able to do more shopping. Rooms are spacious and clean. They have a small workout room with treadmills, ellipticals and exercise bikes.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank IULynn
Dear IULynn,
Thank you for the very nice review of our facility and parking. People love the fact that they can check-out early in the day, but leave their vehicle in our ramp up until 6pm, while they continue to explore the city. It's a benefit not many other hotels have to offer. We hope we'll see you again soon. Sincerely,
Montréal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2010

Last week was our first trip to Chicago and I had booked this hotel based on the great reviews I had read on this website. I was not disappointed at all ! Everyone working there was nice, smiling and polite, each time I asked for infos I was served perfectly. The room was clean, so was the bathroom and for tourists like us, the location was exactly what we needed : 30 seconds walk from the Mile, walking distance from the John Hancock Building, from the Navy Pier and from the River and if you hate to walk, there are many buses that stop on the corner of Ontario and Michigan ... When I'll go back to Chicago, as I really loved this city, this hotel will be my choice again !

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
FPbSPaul, Director of Operations at AC Hotel Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, 10 April 2010
Dear ChrisMaire,
Thank you for the very nice comments on our staff and location! We'd be honored to serve you again on your nex visit. Until then, take care. Sincerely,
Arlington, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2010

From the staff to the amenities--this place is top notch! We visit Chicago about 3 times per year and have stayed in a multitude of hotels....we will be back to this Hotel from now on! The staff was extremely helpful and nice! The doorman, Phillip, is top notch! He is very professional, curteous and always greeted us with a smile! The room was spacious and had teh added bonus of a microwave and fridge--perfect for the yummy leftovers! There was also complimentary botteled water everyday in our room--something you don't see anymore! Combine all of this with an ideal location in Chicago and you just can not beat this hotel!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
FPbSPaul, Director of Operations at AC Hotel Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, 3 April 2010
Dear cop38002,
A very nice review... thank you very much. We hope to see you back very soon. Thank you again! Sincerely,
Stillwater
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2010

My husband, 20 year old daughter and I went to Chicago and this was my first time there. Four Points was a wonderful place to stay. It is one block off Magnificent Mile, centrally located to just about everything. Everyone from the doorman, check in counter and housekeeping were were wonderful and very helpful.

The room we had was nice size and clean. It was a double with a pull out sleeper sofa. The beds were comfortable, the only thing I would change are the pillows, they are very soft and flatten down. But that is my personal preference.

I can't wait to go back!

Thank you Four Points for making our visit so enjoyable!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bleujean
Dear bleujean,
Thanks for the review... I'm happy you had enjoyed Chicago. We can't wait to have you back either. Sincerely,
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2010

Had to come to Chicago on the past weekend (March 19-21) and stayed at the Four Points.
Here are the positives:
1. Close to CTA stops. Only had to walk a few blocks from the station.
2. Staff were the best. They were friendly and answered all my questions. I would especially like to give an extra recommendation to the bell man and the lady who worked behind the counter on Sunday morning (I did not catch their names) as they were very accommodating.
3. Location. Easy to get to everywhere. Restaurants, shops, etc all within walking distance.
4. Room. Very spacious and clean.

The only negative that I could find was the room that I stayed in had a constant drip after taking a shower. I was able to work around it as it was not a big issue.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed March 2010
1 Thank brotherjake70
FPbSPaul, Director of Operations at AC Hotel Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, 27 March 2010
Dear brotherjake70,
Thank you for sharing with us your experiences with our staff. Hearing great things like this never gets tiring. Thanks a million. We hope you'll stay with us again soon. Sincerely,