I booked the Buckingham based on reviews across many websites and am glad I did. The views from the 40th floor rooms (all are on the same level) are simply fantastic. Ask for a north facing room and you'll be presented with a sweeping skyscraper view across one of the best cities in the US.
Checking in was a breeze, once I'd located where I was actually staying! It's housed within a 40 storey business tower and the small desk is in one corner only. The elevators and foyer are accessed with a keycard given after check in, so you'll not go to the wrong area without these - there's 24hour security patrol too. You get to the room via a lift to level 39, then another for the last level.
Rooms are big, a little old fashioned but well looked after. Bathrooms include toiletries, coffee maker and fridge in the room, but I had an old TV with a bad picture. However I turned it off and used the free wifi instead. Breakfast during the week is on the club level, which involves more lifts but is worth it as there's plenty to choose from. On weekends however it's on level 40 in a small club room, and the options here are poor.
I think for the price I paid versus access to the brilliant gym and quiet location in the centre of town was fully justified and I've no hesitation in recommending it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Buckingham Club Hotel is the ultimate urban oasis for a romantic getaway right in the heart of downtown Chicago. The Buckingham Club Hotel provides an intimate and quiet stay complemented by high-end, modern amenities, such as a fully equipped fitness center, touting boutique classes, golf, boxing and yoga, along with a luxurious spa, pool and Jacuzzi to unwind after a busy day in the city. It truly is the best of both worlds and leaves the traveler with everything he or she might need to feel both at home and away. With only a select number of rooms and suites, guests can enjoy VIP service by welcoming and attentive staff members. The Buckingham Club, in its unconventional and unexpected design and amenities, allows travelers to experience the beauty and energy of Chicago from a luxurious, secluded and restorative Penthouse setting. Book your reservation today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Buckingham Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buckingham Athletic Club Hotel Chicago
- Buckingham Athletic Hotel