“Huge room in a perfect location”

Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop
Ranked #50 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Nashville, Tennessee
“Huge room in a perfect location”
Reviewed 19 July 2011

As I walked into the room, I was absolutely shocked by the size ... huge! The kitchen and living area were large and comfortable, with nice bar stools to sit at the kitchen counter. Both the living area and bedroom had flat screen tv's and the bedroom closet had a safe large enough to handle a laptop (the safe did not initially work, but maintenance came right away ... it just needed a new battery for entering the security code).

You are literally 100 feet from Wacker Drive and the Chicago River with the Magnificent Mile beginning basically at your doorstep. I was there on business, but would stay here on a pleasure trip as well. The included breakfast was good and had a dedicated staff person (who greeted everyone with a smile and "good morning") that kept everything well stocked.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this review, 20 July 2011
We are so grateful for your review and business. I am so glad you found our guest ambassadors friendly and helpful and that you were pleasantly surprised by the size and features of your room. Thank you again and my hope is to meet you personally during your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 19 July 2011

I was a bit disappointed last time I stayed here, because of the lack of wifi and/or other working internet connection. And that time I was there for work - and I really needed it.
This time, however, it was vacation and less need of internet, so I decided to give Comfort Suites a second chance.
Good news were that there was wifi in the hotel now. Not great, but still a wifi. The room/suite was as great as last time. I love it! Location is PERFECT. Service is good.
Now there are only two other drawbacks with the hotel.
One is the chaotic breakfast. It is great with breakfast included, but this is too chaotic for my taste. Especially in the summer. However, I do not really mind making my own breakfast, so I can live without the one at the hotel. Second - and worse - is the fitness room. It is depressing and I really wish there were some free weights, dumbbells, a mat or something except a multi-functional machine.
And yes, I know I am picky. I will probably go back nevertheless. There are a lot of things I really like about this hotel and I LOVE Chicago. And maybe there will even be some dumbbells the third time, just as there was a wifi this second time.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
We are so glad you gave us another opportunity to host you. We enjoy our repeat travelers very much and value your feedback. We did update our internet services and am glad you experienced that. Next time your with us you can also use your breakfast bar, located in every suite, should you wish to dine in private, we also work with a gym in the area that has a pool. Thank you and cannot wait until you come back.
Ontario
Reviewed 15 July 2011

Just got back from a trip to Chicago and had the pleasure of staying at this little gem in the heart of Chicago . When you are on Vacation you can look no futher because this hotel is all about location location location. You are in walking distance of everything. The staff are so helpful at giving you ideas on how best to see the city wither it be by a double decker bus or by one of many great cruises .If you are travelling by train you should do the water taxi which will take you very close to the hotel and the ride is very relaxing and stress free.The beauty of the room is that it is fully equiped with a full kitchen. Fridge stove washer dryer dishwasher and microwave.It also has a ironing board and iron as well as a safe to place passport in.There is also a free breakfast.. I really enjoyed the whole experience .and you will to !

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this review, 16 July 2011
I so much enjoyed reading your review. I agree, I think our location positions every guest to enjoy the best sites in Chicago. I am so glad you found our staff helpful and you enjoyed the features of your room. We would love for you to come back and see us soon!
Schaumburg, Illinois
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Fabulous room on the 24th floor with a balcony overlooking the river. Perfect location for enjoying the downtown life. Close access to the water taxi to take us to Navy Pier and the Shedd/Field Museum campus. We enjoyed the free breakfast every morning. Spotless room, large kitchen and living areas, and friendly/helpful staff. Thanks, Steve and Rachael! Loved our stay and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LoveToTravel555555
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this review, 13 July 2011
I am so pleased our staff especially Steve and Rachael were able to create a memorable experience for you and that you loved your balcony room located in the heart of Chicago. We hope to have you visit us again soon. Thank you for the business and kind words.
Clayton, NC
Reviewed 6 July 2011

This hotel has a great staff, and a perfect location. We were just steps away from the action. The room was perfect, the breakfast a great start, and everyone was so friendly. I was overwhelmed that there was not one bad experience during the week I spent there.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this review, 7 July 2011
Wow, I loved reading your reivew. Thanks so much for the kind words regarding our staff, location and our spacious suites. We are so grateful you allowed us to host you during your time in Chicago and we cannot wait to welcome you back!
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 5 July 2011

We usually stay up the next block on Michigan Ave. when we come to town for our annual "Dinosaurs & Snow" getaway. My son & I have been doing this since he was 6. We broke with habit after finding a great deal on a suite here. We could not have been happier. The complimentary breakfast was generous and tasty. The service was warm and professional. I kept in touch with associates seamlessly from the room’s business desk. The kitchen came in handy for our wonderful finds from Chinatown, and Bockwinkle’s Grocery is just around the corner, rounding off some excellent gourmet fun! A few doors down we had access to about every form of transportation – we never take a car to Chicago. We were able to pack very light thanks to the in-room washer & dryer. We will be back in the fall as we could not be more impressed with how much this location and the amenities gave us so much freedom to just be ourselves, and focus on what was truly important: having a wonderful time together while seeing and doing everything we planned!

Room Tip: Call after finding online deal!
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this review, 6 July 2011
I thoroughly enjoyed reading your review and we are so happy you broke from tradition and tried us out. I was happy to learn how our hotel and staff helped make your annual trip a memorable one and I truly hope to welcome you back next year. Thank you!
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
Reviewed 3 July 2011

It was our first trip to Chicago and therefor always difficult to choose a place to stay. We almost booked another hotel when i came along the Comfort Suites. Turned out they where also on Twitter so i send them a Direct Message. Got the correct answers within 30 minutes, together with the reviews i decided to go for this place. It must be a good place and.....it is!!

The location is great, check in went lightning fast and the room was awesome. This was no room...this was a suite!! We where on the 22nd floor, had a corner room and great views towards the river. There is really nothing to complain about, maybe the breakfast room is a bit small but this all depends on the amount of guests who are there. Rooms are very clean including the bathroom!

And the best of it all....the location and price!! Go left for one block and you are on Magnificent Mile. Go right for 3 blocks and you are at Millennium Park! We had a great price deal for which we thank Natalie Furka-Padgett. Big Time!!! She was so nice and it was really unfortunate that we did not meet each other in real. We just missed each other!
Friends of ours are going to Chicago in August and they will def. book at this place!!

And if we will return to Chicago in the future, and we will as we fell in love with this city, for 300% we will stay at this hotel again!!

Thanks again for making our stay in The Windy City unforgettable!

Kind Regards,

Eugene (Eugene_K @ Twitter )

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this review, 5 July 2011
Thanks Eugene for the fantastic review. I am so glad our General Manager was able to to assist you via Twitter. I too love our city view suites which is so convenienty located to the shops and sites in Chicago. We cannot wait to welcome you back and meet you in person.