“Great staff and great location-WE WILL BE BACK”

Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop
Ranked #53 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Out of all the Choice Hotels I stay at(and three are a lot)this ,hands down,has the best staff.Always very helpful and really interested in making your stay as enjoyable as they can.I would highly recommend this hotel ,not only for the great treatment you receive,but also on the location,near all the great attractions and sights.KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

1  Thank dereklea
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2011

I so much enjoyed reading your review. We take much pride in our staff and our commitment to providing excellent guest service and I am so glad you witnessed it firsthand. Please do come see us again soon, thank you!

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop

Reviewed 7 September 2011

Our first experience at a Comfort Suites Hotel was last year in Otay Mesa (San Diego suburbs) .Despite the very desert area where the Hotel was located , our stay was so positively surprising that we decided to book the same hotel chain this year too but in Chicago this time.
Once again our experience exceeded our expectations!!
We spent 1 week and were lodged at the 7th floor.
Well, despite the exterior side of this hotel seen from the street is really nothing special (much more beautiful the one in Otay Mesa) , the apartments are incredibly comfortable: very clean and fully equipped (kitchen, laundry and drier machines, safety box).The hotel is located in Chicago downtown at 5 min walk by the beautiful Millennium Park!
Staff at the Reception is very friendly and helpful.
Despite kitchens in the aprtaments, breakfast is included in the price and it’s very good and rich . Moreover, as the breakfast area is not enough wide to contain many people seated at the same time, guests are allowed to bring food in their apartments which, sometimes, can be helpful especially during crowded hours.
All in all I can say that our stay was very pleasant at the Comfort Suites.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2011

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for your review. I am go glad your time with us was very pleasant. I believe our spacious suites and location are perfect for staying just a night or for an extended period of time. We would love for you to come see us again.

Reviewed 6 September 2011

Stayed for one night and couldn't be happier with my selection. The suite was clean, roomy, and well planned out with a bed separate from the reset of the space. Two TVs, a comfortable kitchen and clean bathroom. Couldn't ask for more.

The staff is just a pleasure to deal with. Accommodating beyond my expectations when they offered to store my bike in the break room and check up on my level of comfort throughout the short stay. Very respectable when I took my time checking out.

Thanks Gavin and the rest of the team!

Room Tip: Ask for the suite!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2011

I am so glad Gavin and the rest of our team exceeded your expectations, I was also pleased to learn you enjoyed the features of our modern suites along with our location. Thank you for your review and please come see us again soon!

Reviewed 5 September 2011

If you love a larger room without the craziness of a huge hotel, the Comfort Suites on Michigan Ave fits the bill. Our room had a view of the River from the bedroom and living room space, we could have ordered in and had all the comforts of home. But we did venture out on foot as we had restuarants, theater, art and night life all within blocks.The hotel was clean, easy to get around and staff was very helpful with directions and suggestions. Looking forward to the next visit to Chicago and the Comfort Suites!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2011

We too look forward to your next visit with us. Thank you for your business and kind words.

Reviewed 2 September 2011

Just came back from 5 nights at this hotel. Great location ... awesome getting a suite at this price ... included breakfast is a bonus. However, free wi-fi hardly every worked, but there is an ethernet cable that works.

Minor complaint:
The bathtub was blocked when we got in ... it was unblocked the same day at our request. However, for 3 consecutive days we asked for it to be cleaned, and it was not. Not a big deal if you don't mind a patchy bathtub.

Would I stay here again? Possibly ... for families on a budget who don't want to stay at a hole in the wall ... it's tough to overlook the size of the room, the location, and the overall value.

P.S. Most comfortable pillows I've ever had the pleasure of laying my head down on.

1  Thank Artin S
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2011

Thank you for your recent stay and for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed our location and comfortable bedding. You will be pleased to learn we are in the midst of upgrading our wi-fi so please do come visit us again soon.

Reviewed 2 September 2011

We chose this hotel because it was highly rated on Trip Advisor and close to a lot of the activities we wanted to do. The location was great - lots of shops and restaurants nearby, as well as Millenium Park, the Art Institute and the Chicago River.

We were lucky enough to get a free upgrade to a suite on the 25th floor with a balcony and view of Michigan Ave. The room was fantastic with a full kitchen and living room and separate bedroom.

The free breakfast every morning was great - lots of variety and everything tasted good.

The service was excellent. The staff was very helpful whenever we had a question or request.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

I very much enjoyed reading your review. I was pleased to learn you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and that our staff was helpful. The next time you are coming to Chicago please contact me directly to secure your reservations. Thank you.

Reviewed 27 August 2011

We stayed there in August during Lollapalooza. The hotel is an older building, with 4 suites on each floor. Our room had 2 walls of windows, which was great to look out on the city. There isn't much of a lobby - it's a small hotel, but there are plenty of convenience stores around to get what you need. There is a washer and dryer combo in the bedroom, and a small kitchen. One note - it is located right on Michigan Avenue, and the traffic was very loud at all times of the night.
My biggest complaints: my family left the hotel for the day around noon. When my husband got back around 6, the door was left open. Not only unlocked, but propped open with the swing-lock. I understand that accidents happen, but this is a HUGE security problem. Nothing was taken, but it really upset me. I reported it to the desk, and they just responded that they would talk to housekeeping. The second problem we had was getting housekeeping (or anyone else) to bring us blankets. We unsuccessfully asked 3 times - twice at the desk and once on the phone - for extra blankets for the pull-out couch. Every time they said they would send some right up. When I went to the front desk to complain about the door being left open, I asked again. They finally sent someone up.
I understand the hotel was probably full due to the concert, but this is inexcusable. I think the hotel is critically understaffed, and am worried that security problems like we encountered probably occur quite often as a result.
The hotel is decent, however, the problems we had were significant enough that we most likely won't return.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Robert H, General Manager at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate it! We hope to see you back again. We have added additional staff and corrected your issues.

Best Regards,