“Good Deal - Good Place - Good View”

Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop
Ranked #51 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Longview, tx
“Good Deal - Good Place - Good View”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

I stayed at Comfort Suites (320 North Michigan Ave.) for almost the entire year in 2010, and I recently returned for a 5 day stay. As before, the staff was very efficient, helpful, and professional. The rooms are clean with plently of space. If you're too tired to go out, the kichenette provides a great place for fixing food and staying in. The rooms on the NE corner provides the best views - Chicago Tribune bldg, Michigan Ave. bridge, etc. Comfort Suites is located within walking distance of many tourist attractions or a short taxi ride to others. Also, the free breakfast in the morning has a large variety of hot and cold breakfast items so you can start your day off right....very tasty!

Room Tip: Get a room with the last digits being "05" (i.e. room 905, 1005, 1105...means 11th floor a...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Joe_Longview
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this review, 22 October 2011
Mr. Austin, thank you for your review and for coming back to see us. It is always a pleasure hosting you and am so glad our rooms, staff and features meet your needs. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (460)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

Ok, let me start by saying I am leaving this before I have stayed here. Myself and two of my friends are staying here for a ladies weekend for my friends 50th birthday in two weeks. I have been emailing Patrick Kennedy about some things to make my friends birthday weekend special to her. He has went out of his way as of now to help me in anyway possible. He offered wine and cupcakes at his expense when I asked him for a room with a great view. I am so thrilled with the customer service. I am sure we will have an awesome weekend. I am so looking forward to this quick trip to Chicago.

Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for your kind review. I am so glad you are happy with the service we are providing and we will ensure we create a memorable 50th birthday celebration for your friend. Looking forward to meeting you in person.
Modesto, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

The hotel is very centrally located in the heart of Chicago. The staff were all extremely helpful and friendly. The rooms are large and include a full kitchen and even laundry facilities. There is no family area other than the sleeping area. The breakfast is free but not good There is a wonderful breakfast called Wildberry within walking distance and a Corner Bakery just around the corner..

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
We truly appreciate your review and feedback. I was happy to read how friendly our staff was and how you got to take advantage of our unbeatable downtown Chicago location. I do hope to welcome you back soon. Thank you.
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2011

I recently spent one night at the Comfort Suites Chicago location and was very satisfied with the room/staff. I was lucky enough to get a suite on a higher floor and just loved the view of the city, and architecture. I didn't get to take advantage of all their accommodations as I was just there one evening. I arrived earlier than my check-in and they didn't have a problem. They took care of me right away, no questions asked. Overall, I had a great stay. Staff was extremely courteous and professional. Would recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor if available, GREAT views of this great city!!!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this review, 21 October 2011
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am so glad you enjoyed your evening with us, our location and our views. Please arrange your next visit with us and will we ensure you get a wonderful view once again.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2011

I was trapped at the airport, my next flight wasn't for another 5 hours. I needed to get some sleep. I had tried other hotels in the Chicago area and explained my situation and none were willing to help out. They were going to charge me full rate. I walked into Comfort Suites expecting the same answer. I was extremely surprised when the gentlemen (James Stewart), offered to give me the room at a discounted price!!! I couldn't believe it..He was very nice and undertanding of my situation. I got my keys and went to my room. The room was very nice and clean. When I left' they had a free shuttle that took me back to the airport. Made my miserable evening much better!!! Thank you, James Stewart

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Robert H, General Manager at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate it! We hope to see you back again.

Best Regards,

Robert Humphrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

Great long weekend in the windy city! I will be back!

• Stayed September 2011
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this review, 24 October 2011
Thank you for your review and your recent stay, cannot wait to welcome you back!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

Let me start off by saying that I am an employee at a Choice hotel. I know what guests expect from a hotel staff and the hotel itself. I was very happy with my stay here. I only stayed for two nights, but didn't want to leave!

Location: It was smack dab in the middle of everything. Navy Pier is a five minute bus ride away. The train station is literally a thirty second cab ride away. There is tons of shopping and food choices within walking distance. The water taxis and Wrigley Building are less than a five minute walk away. The Walgreens and Subway next door made it easy to save money on quick meals and drinks to keep in the room.

The Rooms: While the common areas are somewhat small, the rooms are huge! It literally felt like I had my own apartment in the city. They must have been apartments back in the day, as it is an older building. I had already expected the smaller areas, as it's a hotel in the downtown area, where everything is cramped. Imagine my surprise to walk into my room! I was placed on the 11th floor and had a corner room facing the water. Beautiful! The rooms are also very clean and included all the necessities, including a fridge, dishwasher, microwave, cooking utensils, and stove. The cleaning staff even washed my dishes for me!

The Staff: Professional, friendly, and quick! They made sure to get my two rooms close together even though I forgot to request that. They even held our luggage for us for a few hours on the day we checked out, so that we could go to a couple museums before we left.

The Value: I paid an employee rate, so it was worth the money a thousand times over. I know these rooms usually go for a couple hundred. Worth every penny! The breakfast is great. If you're looking for location and value, stay here!

The Cons: The building has 26 floors and you may have to wait a couple minutes for an elevator (there is two of them), but not really a big deal. The breakfast area is small, but also just a minor detail.

All in all, I had an awesome stay and will definitely stay again if I come back to Chicago!

• Stayed September 2011
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this review, 19 October 2011
Thank you so much for the amazing recommendation. I so much enjoyed reading your review and was glad to learn that our staff, our location and our rooms met your expecations. When looking to visit us again please contact me directly.