“Excellent service”

Ranked #49 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent service”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I recently attended a 3-day conference in downtown Chicago and stayed at the Comfort Suite on Michigan Ave. I was pleasantly surprised from the beginning. The suite is very spacious, bright, clean and comfortable. There is a kitchenette with all the utensils needed for cooking as well as in room washer/dryer. The staffs are super friendly and the services are excellent. I asked for a quiet room when checking in. The front desk called about 10 minutes after I entered to room just to make sure I was satisfied with the room he gave me. The hotel provides free wifi and breakfast. The location is unbeatable. For the price I couldn't ask for more. I would definitely stay at this hotel the next time I go to Chicago.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank VeritasZ
Natalie F, General Manager at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. The staff will be thrilled to see your kind compliments on their service. We would be honored to welcome you back when you are next in Chicago!

Natalie Furka-Padgett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (472)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Just stayed here a couple of nights with my husband for a long weekend in Chi-town. Beautiful room with full kitchen, huge living room, great desk space with usb hook-ups and lots of plugs, free wifi, comfy bed/pillows, separate bath, excellent walk-in closet with iron/board, and even a small washer/dryer in the room! Excellent full breakfast, The location was excellent (right on Michigan, 1/2 block from the Michigan Ave Bridge) and we walked everywhere - to the Field Museum (1.7 miles to the south), to the Hancock building (1/2 mile north), to shows at the theaters in the Randolph theater district, and to the Metro stations that took us everywhere, including the airport. Rooms were clean and the only noises we heard came from outside of the hotel (the traffic and sirens that are a part of any downtown life) - the way the rooms are positioned, no hallway or elevator noise filtered in, nor could we hear noises from other rooms.

The only suggestion I would have is that the weekend breakfasts be served a bit later. Breakfast was served every day from 6-9 a.m and I would've liked to sleep in a bit after being out late ...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MinneapolisPeeker
We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We truly value the feedback you provided. We would be honored to welcome you back when you are next in Chicago!

South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I hope this truly gets to the hotel administration so the staff I speak of will receive the recognition he deserves. I travel weekly for my job, I have stayed several times with Choice hotels therefor I have obtained points.
I am often away from home, so I had a week off and decided to take my two sons to Chicago for a day. We had a great time shopping and sightseeing in downtown, because I have choice reward points I looked up the choice hotels in downtown hoping to stay the evening in downtown(total last minute decision) I called the Comfort Inn on Michigan Ave and spoke with Terri at the front desk, she was so very helpful and booked my stay for the evening. I checked in and was given a room on the 2nd floor, I asked Terri if the room had a good view of the city, she explained it had a view but not any panoramic type, so I asked if we could possibly have another room with a better view of the city. That is when Nader stepped behind Terri and said "She is a choice member, so lets put her in a room with a great view" Terri looked very surprised and said "really?, this room?" Nader said YES, her loyalty to choice hotels is priority, so I want to express our gratitude. Terri continued to smile and assure we would love the room.
as It was located on the 26th floor, It was the presidential suite!! I can NOT thank Nader enough, my sons were absolutely amazed the room, the view everything was PERFECT! It made us feel so special, as Nader did NOT have to accommodate us in this extravagant way, but due to his amazing customer service skills, he went above and beyond. I was impressed by every experience I had with this hotel from booking to the staff and stay, especially Nader. Please, Please allow his exceptional treatment of my family be recognized. I will promote this hotel, as well as Nader for his skills. The experience was a great memory for my family that will always be cherished. Thank You Nader! and Thank you choice hotels for an amazing experience.

Room Tip: Presidential suite, amazing! Become a choice Member as well!!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Heather B
We are delighted to see Nader made your family time in Chicago special with the upgrade! We certainly hope we can welcome you back when you are next in Chicago.
Reviewed 25 October 2013

This hotel was amazing from the moment we were greeted as the staff were very nice and friendly..to the great suite/ apartment we had for 2 nights 9-11th October...2 Queen beds/kitchen/washing machine/dryer and lots of space with great views and very central location....breakfast and free Wifi was included. I could have stayed a week and would recommend this hotel to friends as Chicago is a really nice and clean city to visit...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Natalie F, General Manager at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your experience. The staff will be happy to see the kind compliments on their service. We certainly cannot wait to welcome you back when you are next in Chicago.
El Dorado Hills
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We were recent guests for five days at Comfort Suites on Michigan Avenue. The location is great with easy access to many attractions. We enjoyed the extra space of a suite and the daily hot breakfast was a real treat. Mr. Brandon Peyton was very helpful in helping us plan our trips out as we did not know Chicago. He also obtained reservations, and generally made us feel welcome. We recommend Comfort Suites highly.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank William K
We are delighted to see that Brandon made your 5 days with us special. He be thrilled to see your kind compliments. We certainly cannot wait to welcome you back when you are next in Chicago.
London, Canada
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Just back from a great weekend in Chicago with 3 friends celebrating a 50th birthday! I have stayed at this hotel before and so did not hesitate in sharing this best kept secret with my friends. They loved it too! Nice, roomy room for 4, perfect location, nice breakfast, free wireless - what more do you need. To top this off, the service is definitely the best! The front desk staff is amazing. They will help you with directions, restaurants, tickets etc. Nader was fantastic is giving us directions, storing our luggage and even helping with dinner reservations! We will be back to Chciago of course and will stay at this hotel only! Hope Nader and Amanda are there when we return!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
We are delighted to see that you and your friends celebrated a milestone 50th birthday with us! Nader and Amanda will truly appreciate your kind compliments. We certainly cannot wait to welcome you back when you are next in Chicago.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Nice big room on Michigan avenue for 175 night...this is the place. We didn't use the kitchen...but was a nice perk...2 queen beds were perfect for my mom, daughter and I
Staff was really friendly. We are only here for 2 nights...Chipotle right next door for convenient quick meal. Garrett's popcorn just 2 blocks away that we can't wait to visit
We will definitely stay here again

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Natalie F, General Manager at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your 2 Night Stay with us! We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us. When your travels bring you back to Chicago, we would be honored to welcome you back.