“Awesome room with a view”

Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop
Ranked #50 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
“Awesome room with a view”
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

I spent three days in room 1805 in downtown Chicago for approximately $140 a night. For this price in a downtown major metropolitan American city I wasn't expecting much. However when I walked into my room I was in for a shock. It was one of the largest hotel rooms I've ever stayed at with a kitchen a bedroom and an entire living room area in a corner suite. I had a view looking up Michigan Avenue and Chicago River and also one across Michigan Avenue. The view was absolutely stunning. In addition the kitchen has full appliances and the bedroom also has a view looking north. There were some negatives, the bathroom was small by comparison to everything else. Also the breakfast area on the first floor was crowded and getting a seat was a real hassle. But the service of the employees was phenomenal. Maps to get to locations were instantly printed up. Extra shampoo was available. And extra apples for a late-night stack were provided. This hotel is a winner and I definitely will be back.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Repsaw
Daniel J, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am glad we surprised you with our wonderful rooms. The view from our rooms and the size of the rooms are perfect and can't be described good enough in writing.

We welcome your return trip back to Chicago.

Daniel J.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (475)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My husband and I often stay here when we visit Chicago. Living in a small town, we need our "big city fix" a few times a year! And this place is the best for that! Located in the middle of the Magnificent Mile shopping and the Loop shopping is perfect.
For the past few years, I have taken my College students on a field trip to the Windy City and we all have stayed here. Perfect place; spacious rooms so they all feel comfortable -- and a free breakfast -- you don't find that often in metropolitan hotels! And we can all walk to the professional theatre only a few blocks away!
Jackie, in sales, is so helpful! And Daniel and his front desk staff couldn't be more friendly!!
Thanks to you all at the Comfort Suites!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bay5
Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel and we welcome you back anytime.

You are very correct that we have very spacious rooms, we have a perfect location, and our staff is super friendly.

We welcome you back anytime; if it's a weekend getaway for you and your husband or a school trip; we would love to be your home away from home.

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

My Fiance and I stayed here on a "weekend getaway". What a great location! So much to do and see within a short distance. We had a corner room near the top floor. The view was amazing as well as the room. Staff was friendly and very helpful. We plan on coming back.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I will be sure to let the entire staff know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We welcome your return.

Northborough, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My wife and I enjoyed the Comfort Suites in Chicago the weekend of April 25-26. The hotel had all the amenities we needed for a weekend in the city - our room on the 8th floor was spacious, comfortable and clean with a nice view towards the Chicago River. The staff was courteous and the check-in/out process was efficient and friendly. The complimentary breakfast was good as well. We were an easy walk to the train, Millennium Park and many sights downtown, making it an extremely convenient place to stay. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: 805 has a nice view and is high enough up that light sleepers won't be bothered by traffic noise...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your nice review of our property. We do have very spacious rooms and our location is very centrally located to all that Chicago has to offer.

We welcome your return back to our home.

Vancouver
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Spent 5 days here, very convenient location to walk to restaurants, shopping, sporting events, etc. hotel is great, rooms are spacious and have all the basic amenities; Walgreens is a couple doors down as well as a Subway restaurant; parking garage right across the street with convenient access at all hours. Staff were courteous and helpful with any request we came to them with.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Daniel J, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We do have an excellent location, centrally located to everything Chicago has to offer.

We welcome your return trip back to our hotel.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I originally booked this hotel for Wed Apr 9. At that time I was told I would have to cancel 72hrs prior to avoid a cancellation charge. I then had made a 1 day change to the booking, but subsequently cancelled the preceding Sunday as originally indicated. The hotel first did not send me cancellation notice at all despite saying they would, nor did they inform me that I would now be charged 1 night's stay. I called again Monday to ask for my cancellation notice and they sent it at that time but did not tell me about the cancellation fee then again.

I've called them after I found the charge and they refused to budge or reverse the charge.

Absolutely ridiculous. First of all, almost no hotels require 72hrs for cancellation and they would AT LEAST indicate at the time of cancellation that they were going to charge me. But they just wanted to avoid the conflict in the first place. Thus they knew exactly what they were doing and now want to blame me. And now they are sending me emails again to try and absolve themselves from responsibility.

• Stayed April 2014
Daniel J, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
I'm sorry to hear about any confusion and billing errors. Please reach out to me and I can see if I can further look into this to give your an explanation.

djacobsen@comfortsuiteschicago.com
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 11 April 2014

First thing you will notice about this hotel is the location. Its in down town Michigan Ave. the best location in chicago. The entrance to hotel is not grand but the suites are spacious and comfy. I stayed in suite 1005. They provide all kitchen stuff starting from fridge to gas etc, washing stuff is also available its kind of a fully furnished home itself :) .

Pros:
1. Location, Location and Location of this hotel.
2. Walkable to almost all attractions like Millennium park,museum,sky deck ,art museum etc.
3. Complementary breakfast.
4. Good smiling staff
5. Quick checkout.
6. Many restaurants are near by.

Cons:
1. No restaurant in hotel ,so you have to walk out to have dinner in very cold weather also.
2. No smoking rooms, so all the time you have to come down to smoke in cold weather.
3. Breakfast does not have the varieties all the time same menu.
4. Lifts were stinking sometimes not sure what they were carrying in them.
5. Wifi signals really suck if you go into the breathing area in suites. I had to use my mobile network for internet though they have a fix LAN in breathing area but wifi is always preferable for its mobility.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in suites which are not adjacent to the lift else it makes noise in night when somebody...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Indeed, we do have many pro's with this hotel.

We are in the process of looking into our Wi-Fi and hopefully the next time you return it will be upgraded and running faster. We do offer free Wi-Fi, so this is a huge benefit versus many other hotels which have a daily fee.

Indeed we are a 100% smoke free hotel, which can be hard for a small percentage of people, but most people appreciate us being 100% smoke free. All Choice Hotels are 100% smoke free.

We look forward to your return trip to Chicago.